Youtube Videos on DailyMotion

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by alastairbrian, Mar 30, 2017.

1. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    I have a question related to youtube. Can we upload our videos (Monetized on Youtube) on Daily Motion? Does Dailymotion will accept these videos? Youtube will create copyright issue in this case?

#1 alastairbrian, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
  2. Mike Levin

Mike Levin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You definitely can upload videos from your youtube channel to daily motion, you just have to inform Youtube not to block those videos

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Just so I understand this correctly, are you asking if you can display your YouTube video page on DailyMotion? or, are you asking if you can upload to DailyMotion a video, stored on your computer, that has been uploaded to YouTube? Since you created the video, and it is stored on your computer, I don't see any reason why you cannot upload it to both. On the other hand, if you want to upload content from YouTube to DailyMotion, I disagree with Mike. I don't think you can do that. Once a video has been uploaded fom your computer to each website, you can monetize both - individually, on each service, of course.

• Like Like x 2
    #3 Joseph.Shivell, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  4. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have original videos you can upload it to as many video sharing websites you want. There won't be any problem but if you are stealing others' videos from youtube and posting it on your dailymotion channel then it can create problems for you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Eleena

Eleena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As long as you have the full copyright on your video, you can publish that on daily motion without any issue.

6. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Just want to clarify my question so that you can guide better.
    I have my original videos that I have monetized on youtbe. Now I want to monetize them on dailymotion. Is it possible to earn from both sites by monetizing the same videos.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I actually addressed this in my original reply.

8. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Joseph.Shivell
    Community Leader

Thanks for the clarification. Now I understand it better.

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This is an update of the information in my previous reply. Daily Motion is moving toward professionally produced videos, although you still can upload your own. Also, videos on DailyMotion cannot be monetized. More information can be found in this article from Variety.

10. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

11. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

According to the article, "The new Dailymotion will still allow users to post their own video, but “it’s not the main purpose of the platform” going forward, Saada said. He added that Dailymotion does not monetize UGC videos." Saada refers to Maxime Saada, the CEO of DailyMotion. The relauch is scheduled to occur in June of this year, so we will have to check back then, to see if videos can be monetized after the relaunch.

12. Guest posting India

Guest posting India
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There won't be copyright issue after inform YouTube not to block. I have done it & didn't face such kind of issues.

13. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As long as you have created the video, I do not see anything wrong happening. Just make sure that the video quality is good. You will not only get benefit within dailymotion, but there are chances your videos will show up on Google, as DM videos tend to rank well on serps.

14. Tamiecnac

Tamiecnac
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Will look into doing this for our videos as well, thanks for putting this out there.

15. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

As I mentioned in an earlier post, DailyMotion is moving away from user-generated content(UGC), and may not allow monetization on UGC videos, beginning in June. I would wait until then to se what the new version of DailyMiotion looks like before trying to upload any videos.

16. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are wondering if you can upload your original content/video on DailyMotion that you have already uploaded on Youtube, yes, you should be. Just ensure that the content is yours and is original. You can even upload that on other video sharing sites if you wish to. Just to add, might as well give Youtube a heads up that you are also planning to upload the videos on DailyMotion.

17. jameshardy

jameshardy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes,you can do this but the traffic and money you will get is very low,even famous youtubers videos are not getting more views. Though it gives you more share as compared to YouTube still traffic makes it difficult and ad rate is low.