Your Ways to Stay Motivated

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by LPCOORAY, Sep 13, 2013.

1. LPCOORAY

LPCOORAY
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If we have dreams in our life and we want to achieve it on our time set, we have to keep ourselves motivated to continuously work/run up to the finish line. We all know that in reaching our ultimate dreams there are lots of barriers/problems along the way. Sometimes we felt that we don’t have enough energy keep going mostly when the business/job that we are doing didn’t reach the target revenue for consecutive months.

What do you usually do to keep yourself motivated and keep going in reaching your ultimate dreams in life/business?

Example: (this is just one of what i used to do)

I used to attend motivational talks/seminars
    :)though the effect is just a short time (unless I followed their homework seriously) but still it helps somehow...

2. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Throughout my life reading has been the most inspirational, other than going away, like on holiday or a camp or a retreat; and attending workshops, but I think the method that has had the most significant impact has been to have mentors, because they help keep you accountable and give you a place to reflect your ideas, results and life in :)general.

3. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way to get motivation is feel bout what you want from your life. Whenever you become tired of your life, tired of your dreams, just think that if you will not do anything to fulfill your dreams, then how will your dreams become reality? You are only the one who can change your destiny.

4. DisQ

DisQ
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It sounds kind of lame, but I just sort of do what I feel like doing.
    This does not mean I do just anything without consideration for other people or consequences but sometimes it does mean doing something other people don'tt like.

Whenever I am at a choice do do something or not, the reason to do it is when I think: "I would be crazy not to try it."
    Thats how I met my wife. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I stay motivated by only choosing things that I have a lot of passion for. I love cycling and everything about it. I gave bicycle repair and shot and fell in love with it. See it not only helps my customers but it also helps me learn more about bicycles and that feeds my passion for them. And when I get stressed out, I can jump on my bike on my own time, ride 60 miles and come back refreshed with my passion to work on my customers bikes some more. :)

If you choose something you know nothing about, then motivation will probably be scarce...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes motivation sometimes comes from doing ilogical, gut level things, just because they make you feel good. Usually when something feels good, and is good for others, and good for the greater good, you can go very far! Even more so when this aligns with passion and business, because it doesn't even feel like work!

7. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Shawn
    Since reading this paragraph of your's I have been piecing the bits of your business you have been sharing with us. One thing about business is that people buy after the brand, and somehow this love for bikes, repairing them, caring them, riding them, must be conveyed in all your marketing. Your business has the making of a giant, if your built it right (which in fact sounds is if you are already doing:)) I was just thinking how great it would be if you build the story of your business around this love, with video's, tips for caring after your bike, preparing for races... You would be able to build an online presence of faithful followers all buying what you recommend, because they'd share you story. Currently you don't have anything in your signature, so I don't know if you have a website as well, but if you don't you really should, because your offline business has a great potential to be escalated and built on by an online business!I have a nr of things I can recommend and I'm sure the group will also have a lot to add! :)

8. brianT

brianT
    uix_expand uix_collapse

always remind yourself why are doing it and focus on positive things to stay motivated