Your take on what link building services are missing

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rich1402, Apr 8, 2011.

1. rich1402

rich1402
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all,

I have recently been dabbling in the SEO link building game and I must say it's great. I've looked around at various offers on different forums regarding link building services.
    It seems though, that many don't offer a complete package in the eyes of the buyers (thats us)

In the near future I would like to offer a service that provides everything that the cutomer desires.

So lets hear your take on this. Any information welcome.

So the main question is:

What are these services not offering that you need them to?

Pinging after building the links?
    Higher PR?
    Turn around time?
    Specific niches?
    Monthly link building subscription?

Anything that has made you say: “if only they had done that…”

Thanks guys

Rich

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

With all due respect, your statement that you have been "dabbling in the SEO link building game" bothers me.You're right about link building services - SEO involves a lot more than link building. Unfortunately, a lot of those who do offer complete SEO services also do not give the client everything they need. They are in business to take as much of the client's money as they can for as long as the client allows them to. As a result, there is a trust issue that marketing firms must be able to overcome in order to get the prospect to even listen to what they have to offer. Many companies have spent thousands, even tens of thousands, of dollars on marketing programs that turned out to be a waste of money. Therefore, if you do decide to start an SEO marketing business, you must be prepared to show prospective clients that you can do much better than anyone else. You have to do more than talk a good game, you must be prepared to prove that you have the tools and resources to provide an exceptional level of service, that can be sustained over the long term. Since search engines are always changing, you must also be constantly aware of theses changes, and able to adapt your marketing methods to them.
    What we don't need is another SEO consultant who thinks they're an "expert", because they've achieved high rankings for their own site, or they've done a little research. But, if you can show that you can live up to the standards I've outlined above, or even exceed them, I, and I'm sure others on this forum, will do whatever we can to help.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our Business Forum rich1402, thanks for joining and posting your business questions.

What I would like to see is someone who offers a pretty basic blog commenting service. Basically they would find quality blogs in my niche, post quality comments on those blogs and include a link back to my site, in a non-spammy way. It would help greatly if the service was transparent, in that you informed me in advance as to exactly what you can provide and at what cost. The opportunity to get a free or low cost initial trial to test it out would be an be an added bonus.

4. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is exactly what I would be looking for also, very relevant and meaningful blogs.

5. CloptonCapital

CloptonCapital
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've seen these services, you're looking at about 30 to 40 cents per successful post within a category

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Maybe you could please give me a link, PM if you prefer. I've seen lots of people offering blog commenting services, but usually they post comments on blogs recommended by the client, rather than the service provider researching and finding high quality, relevant blogs.