Your Opinion on This Site - FreebieSpark.com

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Fergal, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Please reply to this thread with your opinion on http://www.freebiespark.com/.

What do you like or dislike about it? Do you have any suggestions to improve or promote it?

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The purpose of his site is good for those people who are looking for free stuffs online. But from what I see, it's full of ads, mostly affiliate ones and I can't really distinguish which is the content and which are not.

I would like to suggest that the site owner should minimize the number of visible ads. These ads distracts the visitors on reading your REAL content. Plus, I think you should change your 4 column layout to a three column one. It will look much better on that. And your content will not cluster inside a narrow column like what it is now.

3. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

The first impression of mine on that site was:

Site is overloaded with ads, it is full blocked with ads and text. I don't like the site on the first look. No person will wait to read that what that site is about and what they are providing. I just looked around it for more then 5 minutes and then found the categories which were on left side. After reading those I thought that this site is useless and promoting its own affiliate ads, some of the categories also had some useful feebie items and I liked that. The title of the site gives some feeling that this site is about giving Freebies, like down loadable softwares or other things.

The Things I Liked About The Site:

The one and only thing I liked about the site was the header image and Tagline of the site, as well as the domain name or Site Name.

The Tagline "Where Everyday is your Birthday" is very good and the viewer will think that site is good from it. I think that is superb.

The header Image - shows two children's with there parents, I think it is like celebrating birth day of there childrens and the image suits your Tag line.

The Site Name - The site name "Freebies Park" Or Can Be Freebie Spark also is good. I think it tells viewers, that site is about Freebies and provides Freebies.

The three things were good and I liked it.:)

The Things I dis-liked:

There were most of the things I do not liked were -

1. There were too many ads all around the site, They were Google Adsense, and Affiliates. The viewer who comes first time on your site will never like such site which is full of ads.

2. The site design was bad and I do not liked that, It was totally full and packed with ads, especially the main page which should be very good for getting much visitors.

3. The Logo which is also considered as an Important factor was missing, I think no viewer will like that thing, I site without logo looks very dull. The text written on the header was not like an logo, and was not looking good as well as it was not professional.

4. The page of Contact Us should have an inquiry form so it looks good and easy if anyone want to contact.

The Things Which Should Be Improved:

1. The ads on the front page means Main Page should be less or you will lose your visitors. Because the person who is new to your site will be offline from your site with in 2 to 3 minutes.

2. There are a lot of Google Adsense Ads after the header ends, they should be less or there should be only a one ad group of 468 X 60 I think that will be enough.

3. Try to change the design and make it professional, if it would be professional then the ads will be automatically adjusted in the sidebars.

4. Use a logo so a new visitor feels that this site is useful on his first visit. And can stay for some time to view the details.

5. Try to fill the footer as it looks empty and bad.

New Ideas:

A page specially for advertisement would be good and it will give you much revenue as well as your site's ads will be less from main Index Page.

The Things Were You Need Attention:

The subscribers form is not working for me and taking me this page - http://monsterresponse.com/ar/ar/optin.php and showing this error "This autoresponder or member id does not match "

I have attached the screen shot below.

Your Alexa Rank is also not good and you should work on that one.

Hope The Above things helps you, and please do not take me wrong if I am rude.:)

Thanks

4. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What I like in FREEBIESPARK?

1. A blend of freebies. All are simply multi-dimensional and almost all freebies are covered in this site. Great work by Angela Stone.

What things I dislike in FREEBIESPARK?

1. All freebie links are clustered and no category wise selection.
    2. Home page is less appealing.
    3. Two hyperlinks are there for the home page one with title "HOME" and another with no title simply kept as "--". This has to be altered / corrected.
    4. More ads surrounding the content area and thus poor readability for main content.

What to do to improve FREEBIESPARK?

1. Make the Freebies list into categories by simply keeping an filtering field (like combo box) at the main content area so that user can filter the required freebie and can easily access to it.

2. Change the home page so that the advertisements are grouped into one side and content is grouped in another side (All ads can be at the right hand side preferably.)

3. Under each freebies list, the items are clustered. For example, if you visit the FREE COUPONS, you can see the freebies are clustered. This can be improved in all freebie items pages.

4. The text "where Every Day is like your birthday" below the title is repeating twice and the second repetition is cut at half of the line which looks more awkward.

5. Under each freebies list, the heading is repeating twice. It looks little awkward. For example, if you visit the page FREE BABY / KIDS STUFF you can see the heading is repeated twice. If the freebie items in that category are listed one below another nicely, then it is not required to repeat this heading twice.

6. FAQ section can be provided. This is essential because, surely visitors will get doubts about the freebies thinking that some of them may harm them in some ways.

With the above improvements, sure this FREEBIESPARK can be improved to next levels since this site is having a great advantage of huge collections of freebies.

5. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

design is not at all good

and to many advertisements (or to many banner images )

there may be problem with adsense

as adsense doesn't allow images beside ads

[​IMG]

and
    very difficult to understand

i think you need to completely change website layout

and have articles one after other

and space between them

and headings should bigger

6. anamaria

anamaria
    uix_expand uix_collapse

my first impression is good ! I like motto 'where every day is like birthday' . The design is attractive (maybe a little disparately), it can be more structural : the links on left side, the banners on the right side, on middle under subscribes option you can fill useful informations like gmtime, visitors online, some backlinks to this forum with threads. In my opinion, one web site must contain a duplicate wap site (for phones acces) because the young people prefere a quick acc es when they are not at home pc. Anyway you have my respect and thanks for great work!

7. rockstarhobbo

rockstarhobbo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I feel that the website should feature its freebies and free stuffs more on the centre part of the starting page. In this way, visitors to the site will be able to see the freebies entitled to them and might just stay even longer to find out the freebies that interest them, instead of placing the google ads right in front at the spot. That's just part of my own opinion. I hope this helps =)

8. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like this site because i get number of freebies from freebiespark.com. The only thing is the banner look not attractive enough, it will be better to make some change on it

9. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Any idea what kind of layout available and suitable for this site?
    Dont worry for the adsense, it is totally legal due to the image are not confuse the ads at all. And this site generate more than $400 from adsense and check was received.

10. Ultimate

Ultimate
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have just browse through the pages of the site.
    As many people already told, Advertisements should be organised in a better way. You can not simply remove all the advertisements, Because they bring you money. You have to arrange them in a good way that user must know which are ads in that page.

One of the main menu navigation button doesn't have any text in it, It has only "-". This must be avoided. It gives the feeling of site is under construction/not fully completed.

Website banner displayed in the top of the site needs little corrections. Man with a child repeats again in the end(right side), this can be removed.

Instead of using three column, you can remove the right side column, so that you have enough space to organise your content using some basic HTML. Also you can display the ads in the middle of the page in horizontal way. Just display a single row of ads, then add some more content and then one row of advertisements. It may look like a blog with ads between the posts.

I hope You will start making changes and make your site looks better. Good Luck.

11. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I try many layout actually even using those e-commercial layout special made for the shopping site. However, unfortunately, the conversion rate is very low. This layout so far is providing me higher conversion rate compare to others.

12. ExpiredAccount

ExpiredAccount
    uix_expand uix_collapse

good site if you are into freebies or have too much time on your hands!!!

myself, I find the site too too busy - it is like a big junkpile of stuff!!!

13. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can try looking for WP or Blogger templates via the links on this thread:
    http://www.businessadviceforum.com/showthread.php?t=377

I will definitely suggest a 3-column layout for it.

14. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the suggestion, not really sure which kind of 3 column layout you are talking since the website is using 3 column layout. Left side bar, center content and right site bar

15. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, it looks like a 4 column layout to me....
    [​IMG]

16. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why don't you try to make a blog in Word press, it will make your site neat and clean.

17. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The blogging platform doesn't really contribute on the neatness and cleanliness of each blog.
    It really depends on the template or theme you are using.

18. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I see, the actual template is 3 column, and found that the content not focus enough and causing low conversion. Therefore, make a table to input the ads banner

I try using wordpress template at the first stage, it is more well arrangement and neat, but funny that neat site not getting any lead and some of the advertiser have pull back the offer. Fortunately after changing to this "messy" layout, the conversion getting better

19. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's really funny. I think if the situation is so then you should keep the site as it is, so you get more $$.:D

20. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But it will be less visitor and user friendly....
    I think it's much better to have a site that is user friendly than having more dollars.