Your opinion on SEO Moz, should I join?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Fergal, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you ever been a member of SEOmoz? If you have, what's your opinion of it?

I've considered joining SEOmoz, to help me with the promotion and SEO of BAF. If I did join, the most time I could dedicate to learning from it and applying that knowledge to BAF, would be about four or five hours per week. Do you think BAF would benefit from it?

Thanks!

2. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends upon your writings. I mean SEOmoz members spend lots and lots of time studying and unearthing new online marketing techniques especially SEO.

In general, BAF will surely benefit from it if you made a really good post in seomoz. Here are some possible benefits that I see:

- BAF will get more exposure
    - New members might come. And not only those who are newbies. You see seomoz gets flooded with lots of comments from online marketers around the globe. And those IM's are not cheap when it comes to providing knowledge about SEO.
    - More value will be added to BAF. If seomoz members recognize BAF, chances are big that you can get lots of link backs and recommendations to BAF giving Google and other search engines the signal that BAF is a good source of online marketing ideas.

3. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEOmoz is a very trusted source of information related to seo and other related aspects. You can surely learn lot of things from the site and its blogs. If you become a member then you have the privilege to use many useful tools that would aid your seo activities. You can analyze and monitor your keywords. Get reports on keyword performance and get help with your on-page. Its worth a try.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's a benefit I hadn't even considered Eureka, so thanks for that. Thanks Rocky. Anyone else have an opinion or view on SEOmoz?

5. Delgado2009

Delgado2009
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you need SEOmoz for link building?

6. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry, are you going to work with SEOMOZ or subscribe their membership services? I am not SEOMOZ member, but I does actively follow their blog and Rand news, if budget allow I would subscribe their services.

7. BacklinksInc

BacklinksInc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I hear there service is good, even better if your an seo. But the cost is high.

8. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Seem like an expensive membership though. You might wanna try first their free trail :d

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks everyone.

My main aim in joining would be to find new ways to promote this forum, whether that be through link building or other methods.

I was considering subscribing to their membership services.

NameCheap have kindly offered me a coupon for a four month membership of SEOmoz, so I was considering using that. However, I'm not sure if I have enough time to make good use of it.

10. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Beside open site explorer, SEOMOZ does offer lot of useful tool to help optimize a website, they provide on stop solution. You can always go for 30 days trials, then only continue the pro plan.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks altcom, I will consider it.

12. Kev H

Kev H
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal,

as many people have already said it depends what you want to get out.

For the blogs etc you don't need to be a member for; though if you want to be involved in the forums etc you do.

I was a memeber for quite a long time (and will be again at some point); but I use their tools to analyse a lot of peoples websites, which is rather different than for someone just looking at their own website. IF you get a chance to try for free for a while then I would go for it - see the tools and see what you can get out of them.

I personally like their tools as an aid to my work, particularly the on-page analysis, but they are expensive (well I think so) unless you are going to use them a lot. Also I think there are better, and cheaper, alternatives to OSE (open site explorer) if you only want to get backlink info.

The most useful item for my work is the onpage analysis, but can't really see why you would use this regularly on a forum site.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RaySaj2

RaySaj2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

to add my two cents worth SEOMoz is a great tool for networking..but you network with other marketers who can help but one of the biggest things with SEOMoz is the training that they offer....a lot comes through their blog so the real reason to subscribe is to use the tools....one of the main ones being Open Site Explorer....

but i do agree with Kev H, unless you use it full time their service in all is pretty expensive.......most people i know are marketing agencies who manage multiple websites..if you do take the free version make sure you cancel it as they make you submit your payment details upon signup.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the feedback. I've been quite busy with the launch of a new site, so I haven't joined SEOMoz yet, I'll consider it again when things settle down a little.

15. ramiszaro

ramiszaro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Me too i have some doubt on this whether it will be useful for me if i create SEO Moz profile any one please suggest me.

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

ramiszaro did you read the earlier posts in this thread?