Your mood.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by 50Cent, Aug 29, 2011.

1. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Does your mood affect the things you wanting to do for the day or on going. ?

For me i will say yes, because every time i started to draw halfway through i will get affected by somethings and my mood will changed and i can't carry on after that.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes, it is much easier to work when you are in a positive frame of mind. A bad mood will get you down, demotivate you and make it difficult to focus on your work. I'd suggest working on building a positive outlook, setting short term goals and celebrating successes in order to keep your mood upbeat and positive.

3. Clint Cora

Clint Cora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I actually have a secret weapon to start my days off right -- my dogs. Even shot a cute short video on them! This is the first thing I see each morning and sets the tone right.

4. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes. it happens from time to time and then i watch the tv all day trying to tune which channel will make me feel better
    since walking inside our village and puffing cigarettes sometimes don't work. :D

5. Sam Greene

Sam Greene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It happens to me! When I feel "off" I have to drop everything and do something relaxing for about 10-15 minutes - which is sipping hot chocolate or taking a power nap (this one is 30minutes to an hour though :D)

We are all human right?

• Like Like x 1
  6. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your mood definitely has an impact on how your day goes and how you go about doing your work. The only instance in where I've noticed a bad mood has done good for me is when I work out. Other than that, you can pretty much say it stresses my work day out. Of course, there's multiple things that can happen in the time of a day that could completely do a 360 on your mood. I particularly love this when it happens for the better.

I do know though from experience and from what others also agree upon, that being in a bad mood and trying to work just doesn't produce much positive activity. Your mind strays away from the matters at hand and you tend to become substantially less focused on your assignments/projects/tasks.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

There is one work situation where being in a bad mood actually helps me, and that is when it comes to sorting and pruning old files. When I'm in a good mood I want to keep everything because I feel that it may be of use to me in the future. When I'm in a bad mood I'm more inclined to chuck stuff in the bin and hence get a proper clear out done.

8. Princeoftart

Princeoftart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah I agree... We tend to become a slave of our mood... Especially bad mood... I'm a typical slave of mood and will get mad easily especially during group activity and my group mate isn't cooperative... Therefore I prefer to do my work earlier to prevent any problem if bad mood knocks my door.

For me, I would not carry on any activity and straight go and have a half hour nap, then only continue. In my opinion, sleep is the best cure for bad mood. Try not to think of it anymore and just relax your mind. It requires a lot of practice to adjust your mood quickly... I'm too currently striving to learn to control my mood.

We are the master of our mind after all :)

9. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my part it's yes,Having a good mood is a great impact in any thing you will do.If you have a peace of mind then everything will works as you want to do.

10. FBS.com

FBS.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Th main thing that influences the mood is music.. so if you feel down - turn on some nice music ;-)

11. MariahLinda99

MariahLinda99
    uix_expand uix_collapse

YEs, i can't continue my work if i was interrupted...

12. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What types of genre would you suggest? Peaceful music ? Rock? or personal liking?

13. touroperator

touroperator
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, I can't do my work continue if anybody interrupt me when i am working something. But no one is disturb me then i am working continue.

14. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A lot depends on ones mood. We interact differently based on our moods, we tackle tasks differently based on our moods. Your whole day really revolves around your mood. I know when I workout first thing in the morning my mood changes, and my whole day feels differently. If I'm in a bad mood during the day, I try to find things that will lighten up my mood so that nothing is affected by it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ashimashi

ashimashi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes.

When I am mad I don't really want anything to do with the internet. Considering I am in forums. I will just start yelling at people and it aint pretty. :)

16. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My mood definitely affects what I'm going to do for the rest of the day, or at least until I pick my mood up. Like last night I was dressed and ready to do some shopping but as I was walking out the door I suddenly felt irritated so I turned around and stayed home.