Your help requested re our BAF Cash Auctions

Discussion in 'Announcements Archive' started by Fergal, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Our BAF Cash Auctions are not as popular as I'd hoped, they would be.

Do you have any suggestions as to how we can make them more popular and encourage more members to partake in them?

Thanks!

2. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Perhaps a few of us regulars should bump each current auction when we see it is not on the first page of New Posts. We don't need to necessarily bid every time, but adding a post to keep it in front of users might be good.

It seems to me like one of the bigger problems is the relatively few number of people who are able to bid. Right now, I count only 24 people, including you, who have enough BAF cash to even bid 1,800. Half of those could only win a single auction and would be back near zero, so the size of the pool of potential bidders may not be enough to sustain regular active auctions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe change to a lottery style? You know 100 BAF entrance fee, lottery winner gets everything.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The contest is great! It's just not many people have the required BAF to cash out, I think we should have more post-friendly contests that will encourage people to post. Maybe first member to reach 75 non-spam posts gets a prize of $10 instead of the $10 auction? This will help both the forum and the member and will create a competitive environment. You can also do things such as domain raffles, for example, 35 posts equals one raffle ticket for the raffle? This is helpful because this is a business forum and by providing a domain you can help members get a kick start to their online business. You should do something new each time eg. standard BAF for cash auction, then next time a posting for cash contest, then the next time posts for domain auction, etc until you've reached 250 total contests/auctions. Then comes the grand raffle prize of $2,500. Each time a person wins a certain contest/auction they get one ticket into the $2,500 grand prize draw.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback, some great ideas there. I will reduce the BAF Cash we charge for each auction, i.e. the starting bid and also try to spread around BAF Cash a bit more so that more members have enough BAF Cash to bid in the auctions.

Thanks again and any further suggestions would be welcome!

Edit: Our newest auction has been posted with a starting bid of only 700 BAF Cash.

6. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal I can help you with putting some advertisements in my blogs. Can you send me some banners and link for promoting BAF Cash Auctions?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Haley, thanks for your offer to help, I really appreciate that.

You can view some of our banners in this thread. However, if you can please let me know what size of banner you need I will get you a good one.

You could link to this thread re the BAF Cash Auctions.

Thanks again!

8. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm going to start advertising this site to get it a little more active for we all have the benfit of the doubt.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks noreturn, that would be very helpful and much appreciated.

10. LucidWebMarketng

LucidWebMarketng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Use BAF cash for things other than the auction. For example, advertising on the site. There may be other uses too.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the suggestion LucidWebMarketng, that is something I will give some thought to and I may well offer other things in exchange for BAF Cash in the near future.

12. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I put a rotating banner at my new blog: http://foodiecessadventures.blogspot.com/ :) Everytime a new visitor will come in, a different banner will appear.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks very much Haley, that is really very helpful and much appreciated.

14. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

BAF CASH AUCTION section is hard to find for new members.I joined this community after 1year but still It took me 2-3 days to figure out cash auction section,it need more exposure.Plus,I would suggest to create a article/thread which describes how much BAF cash can be earned by posting in different section and calculating them like some section of BAF gives 8-10 BAF cash so that will be 100posts in BAF=chance of winning 10$ in paypal.I am sure most of the new users including decent BAF members are unaware of it.Give more emphasis to 10$ auction rather 2500$ because people will try if there are possibilities to win.Taking out 10$ auction outside 2500$ and making new sub forum for it will help or maybe "100posts=1000BAF CASH and 1000BAF cash has chance of winning by auction (here,10$ auction link)" this kind of words in homepage may help.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions remonray. We have the "Win $2,500 from BAF" link in our nav bar, perhaps members don't notice that?

16. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can see that but I don't think most of the forum members go through navibar.They just surf forums and my point was promoting 10$ auction first than 2500$.We can add 2500$ auction infos in every/sticky by making 10$auctions section.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks remonray I will try to think of ways that we can give the $10 auctions more prominence on the forum. Any suggestions from members as to how we could do that would be most welcome.

18. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What about the new logo for BAF that's supposedly being whipped up Fergal? Why not incorporating the $10 auctions in the logo. Another idea is as a team we need to find a way to keyword so that we can be ranked higher in Google for terms such as "cash contests", "cash prizes", "cash auctions", etc. This would more than likely help. The only downside is you'd have people coming to forum specifically for that, rather than specifically for business advice.

However, I don't see the harm in that logic since we're still #1 ranked for "Business advice". So you'll have 2 number #1 rankings on Google that divide the amount of readers users and keeps all part of the forums active.

Just a thought.

• Like Like x 1
  19. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I personally dont think the site needs a new logo it just needs to grow really. I know that a lot of people dont really know about the auction but if they spend a little time on the site it will get big and more active. I think that maybe putting this section on top of all of the boards would be a better. Because I think doing a new logo wouldn't do much good. I dont think that Fergal wants to put out false facts that he is not positive about. And since he doesn't know he is ranked number one I dont think he would put that in his slogan. But maybe that is just me.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the feedback. The new logo will be pretty similar to the one we have, the only real change will be the text of our slogan. We previously had the BAF auctions closer to the top of the forum and then moved them following feedback from members. We may move the auction section up again, at some time in the future.

Yes it would be helpful if we could rank for a competitions / contests keyword, something we will hopefully achieve as time goes on and our contest becomes more popular.