Your experience with TLA?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Thanoz, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A pr3 webmaster blog of mine was accepted at Text-Link-Ads and i will soon add their ad code. Has anyone of you used them? Could you share the amount of your earning and some stats to get an image of how things might work with them?
    Thanks for any interest beforehand:)

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I have not used them myself but have heard that putting their code on your site can impact on your page rank, because Google don't look favourably on selling text links. You might want to consider that, before using them.

Hopefully another member who has actually used them will reply here with their personal experience of TLA.

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

TLA is one of the best link selling site, they are paying good compare to others. I was using it previously and make some good money. However, seems i facing some problem as my website PR drop after using it

4. wussa

wussa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here is the answer to the OP's question.
    TLA does pays good money but this will not last long and Google will detect at a certain time, maybe after 1 month, 3 month, or 6 month or maybe sometime but they will detect it. At that time you will get slap by Google of a PR penalty or a reduce in PR. This will also maybe affect your Google SERP or being deindexed.

mybboard.net has around 8Million backlinks but its currently only a PR4. Guess why? :D

5. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I regard the quality of backlinks more important than the number for the determination of pagerank but, let's see things more realistic. I have heard the penalty rumor too, but i contacted their support center and was informed that this is just "bad words" from rival companies.
    So, who to believe, do you happen to know certain facts that TLA somewhat ruined a page?

Thanks for your time and replies so far! I appreciate it a lot.!

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Google doesn't approve of websites that sell text links, for the purposes of passing on PR. If you use TLA, Google will know that you are selling text links and may penalise your site as a result. Personally I wouldn't take the risk. Have a look here for references.

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First at all, i agreed that quality of backlink is much more important than the quantity of backlink. By the way, i dont believed on the TLA support center, they surely will never tell you that it gives bad impact on your PR, or they will lose number of advertisers.

8. stephenmatty

stephenmatty
    uix_expand uix_collapse

true quality of backlink is far more important .

9. myte

myte
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ha ha, interest is one thing one of the important factors, wish you good luck