Your belief in reviews?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by James Greg, Oct 4, 2011.

1. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all,

Business on the internet is increasing and due to this so many sites related to business have also become operational. When I enter a business site in Google it also displays links to reviews for the site. I have read many reviews for different business sites and I don't know if any of them are accurate. Do any of you consider them true? Do you people search for reviews of any supplier before getting into business with them? How much weightage do you give to these reviews posted on the internet in scam sites or review sites?

2. Chris_Tax

Chris_Tax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As a consumer you really have no idea how credible a web site is unless u have at least a referral

Chris

3. luch

luch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These days, It would help to make a background check on the referring site as well to verify it's credibility. You can do this by googling about them as well.

4. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with luch, in order to know if they are scam, have a background check first and do not deal on it without doing this important things to do.

5. Chris_Tax

Chris_Tax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Always check references

Chris

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I agree with both luch and firstchoicecar. When checking out a review it is sometimes a good idea to check out the reviewer as well. Our firm has become very successful, and I have seen competitors post bad reviews about us in an effort to make themselves look like a better choice.

7. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reviews can save from being scammed, but what if those reviews are paid to make the company look good? How can we judge if they are posted by original consumers?

8. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

what i do is search them on google and what people say about a particular company. if some users commented that they are legit or they're scam, there then i can go on. users/posters that posts about the company in forums usually tell their experiences.

9. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will review the site through couple of source: forum, blog and business site.

My boss is happy to receive those negative review from competitor, because it prove that our company is getting strong in the particular market, so it alert competitor to visit our site.

10. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's true, having a view of the person who posted the negative or the extremely positive one if writing a fake one would be easily judged by his profile. Getting loads of negative reviews by competitors surely means they are jealous that you are doing well.