Your Advice?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by asgmember, May 11, 2014.

1. asgmember

asgmember
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello I am new to this forum. I have a new supervisor who sent an email similar to the following (paraphrasing) "out of the blue" last week:
    Due to recent events (not defined), effective immediately everyone in the office must include a manager (on a lower rated position than myself) when preparing a set of closure documents for a lawsuit. That manager must be involved in a "team" review of the documents, all team members (which in my case includes people outside the company) must initial a checklist Also, that manager must physically stand behind you while you key in the $ amount of the settlement and watch you type the number in. I find this email extremely insulting since I have been performing these tasks for over 36 years, have not been advised of any errors on my part, and no one else in the entire company (my company operates in multiple states) is required to institute these procedures. I have requested a meeting with my supervisor's boss and the supervisor. In al my years with my company, I have never "gone over my supervisor's head," but I feel strongly that I am being insulted and that the email screams "distrust."

Do you have any suggestions for me when I discuss this issue? Thank you.

2. RoseAb

RoseAb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It seems to me, you don't have enough information to understand why they are doing this.
    You say no one else is required but the letter says everyone is required to do this.
    If company wide, then we can assume there has been a problem with someone or they might be trying to prevent a problem before it occurs.
    Without knowing your relationship with management, it is hard to advise you. Perhaps, ask questions such as why they are doing this. The only thing is, if it is just you and they are saying it is everyone then why are they doing this to you? Ask them directly, they don't trust you after 36 years?

3. AnneeSmith

AnneeSmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Best social networking site here

Best social networking site here- we are provide new generation social networking site. Here you are with friends, chat, photo sharing, video sharing, blog, quiz and many have spoken knowledge base. Here you learn new things and gain more knowledge.

So please visit here - planetmix.net, I hope you enjoy here! More and more

View attachment 2077

#3 AnneeSmith, May 14, 2014
    Last edited: May 14, 2014