Young entrepreneur - business inspiration.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by RestOwner, Jan 14, 2011.

1. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What's in the mind of a young entrepreneur that they become engage on financial ventures at an early age?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I would say that for many of them it's a desire to achieve something (known as achievement need) and to prove themselves. For others it will be the necessity to make some money.

3. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Does being a young entrepreneur runs from the blood?

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Some research has shown that people who's family members ran their own businesses, were themselves more likely to become self employed. However, there are very many successful entrepreneurs who don't have other successful business people in their family. Entrepreneurs can be made and we are all capable of owning successful businesses if we put our mind to it and work hard at it with the right dedication and attitude.

5. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think a big part of being an entrepreneur is being highly motivated to achieve something in life. Another aspect may be the fact that entrepreneurs like doing things at their own pace and structure.

6. DaveScotford

DaveScotford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Speaking from my own experience, most of my family at one time or another have run their own business or running their own ventures now. So I'm lucky to be surrounded by a fair bit of experience. For me though it wasn't about doing whatever the rest of my family did, but just wanting to look back and know id created it from nothing, all be it with peoples help along the way.

Working 'for the man' has been a necessity at times to generate a bit of cash to start up, but been solo since the age of 15 :)

7. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am also a young entrepreneur, completed my Post Graduation...I would say that its a zeal within heart and as Fergal say to achieve something.In my own words to do something different that would be of contribution to society I live with, Country I live in...that motivates me to be Entrepreneur ...One don't get so much expressive freedom in Job.....

8. OnlineHelper

OnlineHelper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From my own experience, being an entrepreneur was instinctive because from a young age, I hated the concept of someone (such as boss) telling me what I had to do, where I had to be at what time, when I could take a vacation...oh yeah, and placing a set value (a paycheck) on my worth. I know for many people that doesn't make sense, because they have been conditioned from a very early age that working for someone else is simply part of life, however I knew early on that being someone's employee wouldn't work for me.

To take it a step further I also couldn't be an entrepreneur who was stuck in one place. By this I mean, someone who opens up a business like a restaurant or a tanning salon. Even though you might be the owner, these types of businesses still require someone (which when starting a new business is probably you) to be there, at a certain time. Also if you ever wake up one day and decide that you want to move to a new location, having a business like this would make it difficult, because you can't simply take it along with you, and you would lose all of your customers and have to start from scratch all over again.

That's why I only start online businesses that give me the freedom to work when/where I choose. So that is what is in my mind as an entrepreneur.

9. BrowerFarag

BrowerFarag
    uix_expand uix_collapse

seeking good entrepreneurs.... :)

10. DaveScotford

DaveScotford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can I ask what you're looking for? More specifically why? :)

11. Allenh

Allenh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am also a young entrepreneur at the age of 24.(I hope thats still young). My drive is to bring myself a better future.
    I am the first one in my family to even finish a year of college, much less get a college degree. I dont want the same fate of the majority of my family. Trying to make ends meet, living pay check to pay check, and get rich quick schemes.
    I want to be successful because of my hard work.
    I believe that my main goal is to gain respect...yeah...

12. DaveScotford

DaveScotford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think thats a great reason to start running your own business!! :) Good luck with it!

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good for you Allenh, from reading your other posts you certainly seem to be going in the right direction. I admire your dedication and focus and wish you the very best of luck with it.

14. Arcaign

Arcaign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some would say yes but for me its dedication to something you are passionate about. I grew up in a great family but they were 9-5 government workers and didn't teach me about entrepreneurship. That is something I took upon myself to learn when I found a passion.

15. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Business inspiration

For everyone that decided to make a web business, what inspired you to make it? For me it was just the fact that I loved graphics designing and I loved helping people out so I created the site. How about you?

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

[Similar threads merged!]

17. Bingo443

Bingo443
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think there are a lot of things that contribute to this. Wanting to be your own boss and work at your own pace, achieving something nobody has yet to do, a high amount of motivation, and of course the expected salary are just a few off the top of my head...

18. f5mtadas

f5mtadas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is very important question, that I may answer you from my personal experience, because I became entrepreneur at 22 years.

First of all it is the reason between rich and poor people, I have experience and saw many conflicts between rich and poor people.
    and
    the most beautiful thing, who inspire me that I saw: when poor people becoming rich and success (does't matter online or not) the process that I saw in one person highly inspire me. It was something amazing and unbelievable feeling to know human's possibilities and it tells that every one can be rich, absolutlly everyone.

another thing: I love freedom (I would rather earns $5 000 very easy on the monthly basis and work when ever I want in order to grow income and having tons of time, than $100 000 working 18 hours a day 7 days a week without spending time with family and friends. Life is for living!)

19. deanncarl

deanncarl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just love the freedom that it brings. I am not afraid of hard work, and if I feel passionately about something, I want to work hard. It is just nice to be able to set my own time for that. If I want to stay up late to work, sleep in, take a couple days off - I don't have to ask permission!

20. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd be interested to hear more about that process.