You Have the resources but do you use them wisely?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by pammay, Feb 9, 2010.

1. pammay

pammay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Tips and Tricks to Better Time Management

Organising your time can be a bit tricky, if you have never been the sort to use your time wisely. It may surprise you to know that there are several ways you can start slowly to begin setting up your time for a more effective time management.

To successfully incorporate your time management skills here are a few tips.

Before setting up your strategies for your daily routine there are just a few things you need to understand.

You need to know where you are heading another words what are your goals? once you know your goals you will be able to choose the correct tasks for that day. This will also aid you to get motiviated and to focus on what is important to you.

You will also need to be flexible in your routine,because during your day you will still need to set some time aside to do things you need to complete, example:- if you have other commitments "children"-"work" you must be flexible to be there for them.

Here's a few tips and tricks to organise and manage your time.

First examine how you use your time now, think of ways to change this, if you have developed bad habits then you will need to put in a little more effort to change them, however it is possible to change your habits and reorganise your daily routine,and you will soon see better results which will be a benefit to you and your family.​

Make a list of your goals, keep them handy, in your pocket, on your fidge, read them regularly you may lose focus and by using reminders these will help you to get back on track to follow your daily routine.​

Grab yourself a pen and paper and make a list of the most important tasks you need to do daily, making a list is a good way of completing your tasks, as you complete a task check it off the more checks you see the more happier you will feel with yourself which will motivate you to complete the tasks giving you a sense of satisfaction from your accomplisments.

Making a daily list will not only help you to become a more responsible person, but as you will learn that once you are organised you will find life will be come much easier, effectively you will become more satisfied and content with your achievements.​

It is important that you concentrate on one task at a time, trying to complete more than one at the same time will just bring you down, so the first task you should tackle is the one that is the most important to be completed that day.​

If you stay focused and concentrate on one task at a time, you will find the task is completed quicker giving you more time for other things.

While you are completing these tasks you need to ensure that you have fun doing them, if you can make it fun you will cause yourself less stress and you will complete the task quicker.​

Finally by simply organsing your time wisely and writing your tasks down you will have a more clearer picture on how you will spend your day, by doing this you will learn to be more Focused, Motivated, you will feel a sense of Achievement with your Accomplisments, and eventually knowing that the time management you have created will in the long run give you more free time to spend with your family or on your favorite hobby.

Have a great day:)

pammay

2. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sometimes I tend to forget to use them. But we have to know the importance and should wisely utilize them.

3. Chinahailin

Chinahailin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Learn to say no.
    Many people become overloaded with too much work because they overcommit; they say yes when they really should be saying no. Learn to say no to low priority requests and you will free up time to spend on things that are more important.
    It`s hard to me, so sometimes I have to work overtime.

4. gtt

gtt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is what I really need during the times when I was having some difficulties dealing with the pressures I've got from the office and management jobs. It's really tough (and kind of challenge on you) when you're engaged working in a very fast-paced working environment. Think about Sales & Marketing and some Administrative jobs? Good thing I've exceeded these challenges which have made myself efficiently and molded me professionally.

Thanks for the tips, Pammay.