You Can Now 'Hide' Sites In Google Searches To See More Of What You Want

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by Andym, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Apart from introducing the new criteria of “relevant content” in its algorithm, Google has come up with a new feature that will enable users to block websites they don’t want, in their search results. The feature has already been implemented and will soon be available for usage worldwide. Try it out sometime! A spokesman on the official blog of Google says, “…you’ll start seeing a new option to block particular domains from your future search results. Now when you click a result and then return to Google, you’ll find a new link next to ‘Cached’” that reads “’Block all example.com results”.”
    You now have the power to decide if a particular search is relevant to what you are looking for. Aimed to bring convenience to users, this feature will prevent websites with irrelevant content from appearing on top rank searches that you do in Google.

So, how exactly will this impact online businesses and “content farms”?

Read More

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Interesting, do you have a link to an announcement on Google where we can read more about this?

3. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It may be convienient, but what happens what I want to un-block?

I'm not so sure I would block anything from a search to be honest, if it shows in a search, it clearly has something to offer me.