Yahoo, MSN, Google- Which one rules the roost?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by jacksunheart, May 7, 2010.

1. jacksunheart

jacksunheart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Let’s analyze:

Yahoo has been actively engaged in the search game for over decades now. It definitely scores over MSN but it is certainly not as effective as Google- especially when it comes to deciding whether a link is a natural citation or not. Incidentally, irrelevant reciprocal links work well in Yahoo!

MSN Search

It is fairly new to the search arena. It is not really good at determining whether a link is artificial or natural. Since they are not good at link analysis, they naturally emphasize on page content.

Commercial results are biased- blame it on their bad relevancy algorithms. Like Yahoo, irrelevant reciprocal links work great in MSN search.

Google

Google needs no introduction. It has been involved in the search game for a really long time. It undoubtedly rules the roost! It is way better than Yahoo and MSN in every way. It can easily determine if a link is natural or artificial.

Google has phenomenal duplicate content filters that easily identify pages with same content. If a particular page concentrates on a term, Google may remove the document out for that term.

Irrelevant reciprocal links are usually ineffective when it comes to Google.

2. enriqbell

enriqbell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

in my opinion Google rules - it is the most complete search engine!
    So much neat stuff associated with it.
    Theres in my sense "only" one search engine.
    Google is simply the best.

3. harrystone00

harrystone00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

everyone knows the answer the google is on the top of the chart. Google grab whole internet with all the required services which people like to know or visit. Google buying many of the stuff which famous on internet e.g. youtube, orkut, etc. The other search engine like yahoo and msn are slightly in shadow. The the many of the visitor move to the google and remaing like to browser the google services.

4. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I made an article about the importance of Google. Having 71% or so of worldwide searches, I would think targeting your efforts at Google would be beneficial for your site.

5. jhonmaxxi

jhonmaxxi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google is the best of the three...

Google is faster, better, accurate, and more reliable compared to other search engines. yahoo, bing and other search engines are also good but they are not as effective as google is.

6. makatiofficespace

makatiofficespace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

google

i think google is the best search engine.