Yahoo answers and Answers.com

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by firstchoicecar, Feb 28, 2011.

1. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just heard from a friend yesterday that answering questions in http://answers.yahoo.com/ and http://www.answers.com/ really helps me to create lot of back links for my site. Is that true? How? in what way? Because as far as i know you can't be able to put links on yahoo answers, this will lead your accounts to be banned if you put your links to your answers. Then how this will help my SEO tactics for my site? Any help please?

2. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, there's a great chance of being banned if you start spamming links to your website or affiliate websites. But if when answering questions on Yahoo Answers you put a link to your website in the source box, although it's a no-follow link, it will drive real, targeted traffic to your website.

And when you reach a certain level of points you can have a link to your website on your profile page.

What's really important is that the answers and links stay there for years, thus generating traffic for you all that time.

3. ihatebusy

ihatebusy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes yahoo ansnswer is nofollow but they can bring you real traffic

4. Transcribe

Transcribe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can put your link in resource section while answering a question, but that link should be relevant to that question and your answer, otherwise you can be banned.

5. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ahh i got it, but i have a follow up question. Actually i never tried it yet but i have plan to try. but my friend tried it and her account was banned. Here's what she did. She post a comment very relevant to the question, her link is also relevant and posted on the resource box. But her account still suspended. That what she said. The format of her link in the source box is like this http://www.examplesite.com though it was place on the resource box and still her account was suspended. How does it goes? What is the right format for the link? Will i get be suspended if i put my link this way:

1. www.mysite.com
    2. MySite.com
    3. MySite {dot} com

Which is which and which is the proper format so to avoid suspension. Hope to get feedback. Thanks in advance.

I'd love to do that. I will try it once I'm sure about it. need to have more ideas mate. Thanks for the help.

I see, i will going to try that and update you guys with regards to this. Thanks you very much, appreciate it guys.

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, almost everything has been said by junglekid.
    Just don't spam your links there and you will definitely be banned.
    And answer question as normally as possible by answering questions on different or various topics.

7. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hard to tell you which is the proper format because Yahoo Answers isn't very consistent: I've had several accounts there for years and the only banned one wasn't the one I used to put a lot of links to websites... What's worse: I've seen people openly spamming the place without getting banned.

The advice given to you by Transcribe is excellent and I'll complement it by suggesting that you answer random questions WITHOUT placing any links. That will give you even more credibility.

The main problem with all these resources is that they've been abused by Internet marketers: they went on to Craigslist and spammed the hell out of it, then they found Yahoo Answers, then they turned to Facebook and other social networks, then on to Social Bookmarking, and so on. Like a tsunami they won't stop until nothing is left standing...:)

8. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

9. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would suggest to try something else instead of Yahoo answers. It requires a lot of effort & time. May be bookmarking and writing guest post for relevant blogs.

10. mysandyda

mysandyda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As for me I use Yahoo answers only to find hm..answers)
    there are many interesting nofollow blogs which can bring you much more traffic.

11. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

12. saniathomas

saniathomas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes.. Yahoo Answers will help in generating real time traffic.. If you answer question you will get + point and when you Ask Question you will get -ive points. There are other sites as well like wiki answers, Ibibo etc.

13. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I actually wrote this thread for you ;)

14. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hahaha you wrote in advance? lol. Nice one. :D