Yahoo acquires associatedcontent.com

Discussion in 'Content Marketing' started by Kay, May 21, 2010.

1. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Source: http://www.associatedcontent.com/

Associated Content are very excited about it all. Wonder if their contributors will feel the same? Don't worry, it'll all be the same says AC. Except when it changes LOL.

I'll give it six months before the AC staff have vanished and been replaced by Yahoo ones. They need that six months to learn the ropes. :D

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Why would Yahoo get rid of all the AC staff? Surely Yahoo purchased the business because they value the staff and what they have achieved.

The last time I purchased a forum, the members and staff were very worried that I was going to go in and change everything. I did make some small changes, but nothing substantial. I purchased the site because I liked it the way it was, not because I wanted to turn it into something different. If I wanted something different, I would have built it from scratch or bought something along the lines of what I wanted.

Obviously, there is a big difference in scale between my acquisitions and Yahoos, but a similar principle may still apply.

3. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may well be right but my suspicious mind jumps to this line.

"Over the coming months, new people will be added to augment platform development, programming, content programming and customer support."

If Yahoo thought they were that great already, they wouldn't be bringing in new people and would just allow them to carry on as usual. Time will tell. :D

4. arran

arran
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yahoo bought the company to bolster its content offerings, according to a statement from Yahoo CEO Carol Bartz. “Combining our world-class editorial team with Associated Content’s makes this a game-changer,” she said. “Together, we’ll create more content around what we know our users care about, and open up new and creative avenues for advertisers to engage with consumers across our network.”

5. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Associated content really got a shot in the arm,it will offer immense value to both the parties.by investing in it yahoo automatically got an entry into the new niche and associated content can progress even faster with the big funds coming in.