www.HANTIS.net

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Ben.Fatherree, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Ben.Fatherree

Ben.Fatherree
    uix_expand uix_collapse

www.HANTIS.net
    This website was designed for these reasons:

#1 - To introduce New Players to HANTIS and get them EXCITED to play. :D
    #2 - To excite spectators to watch our sport and come back to watch more exciting videos.
    #3 - To teach New Players how to play.
    #4 - To promote Upcoming Events to players and spectators alike.
    #5 - To excite people enough to want to buy into the sport (equipment, merchandise, etc.)

My FUTURE PLANS are to sell equipment and starter packs on the upcoming e-commerce portion. And to allow people to become members so that they can sign up for upcoming tournaments, talk smack or find partners and leagues on the forums, and win exclusive gear/merchandise. :cool:

ANY Suggestions, Comments, Questions, Concerns, Enthusiasm is Encouraged! :confused:

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

In my opinion the site looks great and it really helps create an air of excitement and energy around the sport of Hantis. The videos and the music on the site are excellent and should appeal to your target market. Your visitors will need fresh content to keep them coming back for more, and new videos could achieve this for you. Your site meets objectives 1 and 2 very well in this regard.

I honestly feel that the site could do with some improvement when it comes to objective three. The videos do give a good overview of how to play the game, but I feel that it could be improved with simple instructions on how to play the game, probably in point form. The primary aim should be to make it simple for beginners to start playing and enjoying the game, even if they are not starting with the full version and using the full set of rules.

Your T-Shirt store looks extremely professional and attractive. It makes the T-shirts look very appealing and you will hopefully get some buyers.

Your events page covers objective four. A little more info on that page could make the events sound a little more attractive for first time spectators and increase the likelihood that they would attend. Obviously the more people that attend and enjoy the events, the more people that will want to get involved by playing the game.

If you achieve objectives one to four, that should help you to be successful with number 5. My suggestion would be to draw people in gently - offer low cost products to get them started and provide more expensive products (e.g. tables) that they could purchase in the future as they become more involved in the sport.

Good luck with it all!

3. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Look nice! I think you should move your sub-text lower abit so it won't clash with the top text at the header. Your video who teach people was very good. Good and clear explanation.

4. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ben, I would love to offer help but your site is down at the moment. I'll check back on it later. :)

5. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Okay, managed to get in okay this time.

I loved this game! It's interesting to watch and I'm sure great fun to play. You've generated excitement with the homepage video, definitely. I agree with Fergal, fresh ones would help keep building upon that. I can see why it would be very popular both from a spectator and player perspective.

The videos under the About section are good too. It would be even better if you had basic instructions/rules in text/PDF format available for download too. Those would be easier for teachers and groups to distribute and refer to for training purposes until they were completely familiar with the game. It's not so easy to gather a whole class around a monitor or find the exact point in a video that explains what you need help with at any given moment. ;)

The whole site looks really professional and I can see this easily being picked up by sports centers as a new sport to offer their members. Why not consider offering a training course specifically aimed at sports clubs or gyms that would teach their trainers/coaches how to play, give them tips on getting the most out of the game, etc? I'd bet many such centers that already offer the likes of volleyball would be glad to have something new to share with their members and have an edge on local competition. They would already have the space for it if they have squash courts, etc. That would open doors to both selling the merchandise and raising awareness of the sport. You could give them some kind of certification at the end to say that they were properly trained in the sport.

Love the merchandise too! All in all, looks fab. Good luck with it, Ben! :)

6. daryljames

daryljames
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice and clean. Like the logo. Good use as a paragraph marker. Tasteful.

7. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Any changes you made for i had said? I have introduce your game to my school.

8. Shotgun

Shotgun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Looks like a fun game. Website seems a bit dull to me though. Perhaps you could try a lighter approach?

9. Ben.Fatherree

Ben.Fatherree
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks!

Iv'e made quite a few changes and appreciate all the feedback!

50 Cent - Send me an email of what school you go to and I'll send your P.E. teacher a getting started pack! ([email protected])

Shotgun - Dull website, lighter approach? could you expand on this..

10. Ben.Fatherree

Ben.Fatherree
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey y'all! It's been really fun introducing the sport in many places around the country!

Thanks to Kay!! Your advice was perfect, what you said is exactly what has happened. The sports club members love the game and everyone involved. In the near future we plan on demonstrating at an International Fitness Expo.

We are having so much success teaching the game in PE classes we are also taking Hantis to the national AAHPERD convention this year. Our mission is to spread this game all over the country through schools, fitness centers, camps, and non-profits.

If you know anyone who is a pe teacher, camp director, or works at the ymca, boys & girls club, please introduce us.

Thanks to you all who help our mission! I'll keep y'all updated!

11. Ben.Fatherree

Ben.Fatherree
    uix_expand uix_collapse