Wrong Title appearing in Google search results

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by kevinkrieger, Nov 27, 2013.

1. kevinkrieger

kevinkrieger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google search results show a different title and tag line When I search for my website with my targeted keyword. It is not similar to my website's title and tag line. From where is Google indexing that wrong title and tag line for my website. Please help me getting rid off this problem. Any help will be appreciable.

2. isisplinfo

isisplinfo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

kevinkrieger, Can you share your problem with example, Like Your Meta Title for any page and screenshot of what it is showing. Then I think someone among us can help you.

3. kevinkrieger

kevinkrieger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The keyword is sunnyvale limo service but shows some different title rather than showing my site's title.
    View attachment 1957

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I checked your source code and discovered that the content of your title after "Sunnyvale Limo Service" is the same as your description. This is probably why a different title was used. Your "description" is the snippet of information provided by the "description" meta tag. There is no reason for the title tag and "description" meta tag to match, in fact, they should be different.
    i also noticed your keywords are, "Sunnyvale Limo Service", "Limo Service Sunnyvale", and "Town Car Service Sunnyvale" and your for "Sunnyvale Limo Service", you are not listed in the first four pages. In fact, you apparently have no rankings at all.
    Change your Title to simply "Sunnyvale Limo Service", and that should take care of the mismatched title. For the rest, I would have a professional look at your site, to fix what needs to be fixed to increase your rankings.