Would you visit an online friends house?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by daytrader, Nov 13, 2012.

1. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are to visit another country and you remember that an online friend you meet from Forums like BAF, would you contact him and maybe visit his place? :D

2. jayed

jayed
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Depends if we're close enough to visit each other's homes. But I had meet up with an online friend once or twice though. It's pretty important to be able to establish a great friendly (and honest) relationship with anyone you only meet on the net before you can trust them fully to see them.

3. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I never do share my real life stuffs online but now I am going to share something.
    Once I was really addicted to a social chat network : mig33, it is a charter application for mobile but online version is also found on their website. I used to pass my 6-8hr a day or all my free time chatting with the friends there.:rolleyes:. By that I meet lot of friends and I actually visited some friends house far away but inside the same country. And I found my first love in that :D . She was also of my nationality but was in UK as her family resides there. She came Nepal to meet me and we stayed some days together. After 2months everything get changed we break up and since I had never contacted her, deleted her in FP, mig, everywhere.(I am not sharing more as BAF Results are highly shown in google search. :D )
    That's what I have got about meeting online people. ;)

4. Barney

Barney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Times are always changing. Not so long ago when we were growing up we neet and knew eveyone in the locality and made friends with our classmates. Because people lived and worked in the same area they had a strong sence of a community sprit. When people left their area to find work or go on holidays they meet other people and they became friends. Sometimes vulnerable people wer taken advantage of by strangers they trusted. This is similar to going online we meet new people who we can become frienly with, but we must be carefull when dealing with them. I think it is very dangerous to give to much personal infromation to anyone online.

5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sad to hear that remonray.
    I'm asking the question because I "MIGHT" be going along with a friend who has business partner in Australia, So if I go along, I would love to meet someone I know even an online friend :D I have someone in mind but I'm not sure if he will be available.

6. Tucker933

Tucker933
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do all the time, but I wouldn't go meet someone I haven't known well online for at least a year. I've met about 8 people I originally only knew online, within the past 3 years, some of which happened to be in another country.
    I've never been worried, but I wont meet just anyone lol

7. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have visited most of my online friends home. But you have to be careful because you don't know the person personally. Get to know the person well and take your time.

8. J.Rod

J.Rod
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Unless I know my online friend for many years, I might do so. I actually have met one already, have known her for 4 years so you can say we've known each other very well. But, like everybody else is saying, better be careful. I also have an experienced with a fake online friend-- we, my friend for 4 years have thought that this fake online friend, after 4 years of lying, was a he--turned out he's a she-a lesbian to be exact. So yeah,be careful.

9. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ya may be I will meet if I contact to some one and if I get good response then definitely.

10. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It totally depends on the friendship that exist between the two persons.If there is a good friendship between two, then it will be a great experience and with his friend along with him it will be much easier to explore that city.

11. Mike124

Mike124
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well if he becomes my best friend then i will visit his house.

12. Paulo06

Paulo06
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've tried it with my online game friends. WAS TOOOOO FUNNNNN! We haven't slept because we got so much fun during that time.

13. Timsmith

Timsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I had never meet a friend who is my online friend but i think that its not the right thing that the whom you don't know personally and you go to meet that person if you want to do that it needs too much trust.

14. simba 1211

simba 1211
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If my online friend is comfortable and inviting than I may visit. But also one has to be cautious of online friend meeting in person

15. jameshill286

jameshill286
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yeah it depends on how close we are or how we talk to each other.....

16. kitchie

kitchie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No not in my friend's house, in some other place maybe, but definitely not in his/her house.

17. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Definitely. I did happen to hook up with a online friend of mine before I did travel to his country. Because of technology change today, am able to hang out to friends who are unkown to me as well. All the social chat platforms help you instantly know them well before you plan to go.

18. William Hix

William Hix
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's okay as long as I'm welcome in her house.

19. Dexterbell

Dexterbell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on our friendship and the bond we share online. Then it comes to their response when i tell them about my visit in their city. If he/she invites me then i will surly visit to their place.