Would you pay for 6,500 unique visitors per month?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by mybusinez.com, Jul 4, 2011.

1. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all,
    I run a web design/ development company. We've had SEO successes in the past. I used to get roughly 200 - 300 visitors per day on one of my websites. I'm just wondering if businesses would be willing to pay for these sorts of results or would they need to see an increase in on-line sales first? What do people here think?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Your question could be giving people the wrong impression - at least I hope so. By asking, "Would you pay for 6,500 unique visitors a month", it makes it look like that is the service you are providing. SEO, on the other hand, is about increasing the search engine rankings of a client's website using various ethical marketing methods. When a client pays you for SEO services, therefore, they are not paying you to provide 6,500 visitors to their website. They are paying you to increase the rankings of their website. If the proper keyword phrases are promoted, the client's visitor count will increase, but there is no way for anyone to determine beforehand what that visitor count will actually be.

3. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would pay for it but I wouldn't pay much. 6500 unique visitors a month is not hard to achieve at all.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

mybusinez.com it really depends on the quality of the traffic you provide and what you actually do to deliver it. Can you please tell us a little more about that?

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As long as the website is quality site and the traffic is growing, then I will consider to purchase it with the right price

6. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all and thanks for the replies. My question was actually aimed at small/ medium business owners. As this the business advice forum I thought there should be a few business owners here.

I am considering running a service where we will send customers to businesses. I figure in these tough times there should be a market for it. Obviously getting visitors to the website would be a big part of this. So I am looking at my payment options. Do I charge a monthly fee and aim to hit visitor targets each month or do I charge per customer I send to the business. Now, for this service it would be up to me to get proper customer visitors to the website, lower the bounce rate and make sure enquiries/ quote requests are getting to the customer. I would be sure to tell our clients the old saying, "We can bring the horse to water but we can't make it drink." so it would be up to the client to actually sell. Our job would be to bring the interested customer to their door. Then it would be up to the client to make the sale.

As I am a web developer this would be relatively new territory for me. Usually my programming abilities would get customers, not my on-line marketing abilities. But to re-define my question I suppose it would be; do you think business owners would pay a monthly fee for a certain amount of leads each month or do you think they would be inclined to go for the pay-per-lead approach?

Thanks for any help/ advice.

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

now the question is very clear...lol
    basically you are asking on the customer more prefer on PPC or PPA.
    According to my observation, customer in certain field such as online game are preferring PPC to PPA but shopping or product selling site might prefer PPA. Therefore, if you are able to provide both, you might consider to provide two type of service - fix month paying and pay per lead/action. Let your customer to choose the service they are preferring

8. DaveCain

DaveCain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Visits is one thing, but you need to couple SEO with conversion rate optimisation (CRO) and make these visits convert.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Businesses will and actually do pay for leads being brought to their site. If you provided that service you would in effect be competing with PPC ad networks such as Google Adwords and with CPA networks such as Epic Direct (previously Azoogle Ads). Do you have plans in place, for how you would compete with them?

Is there much difference in those approaches, either way the customer would be paying x amount for x amount of leads per month? Apologies if I'm misunderstanding something.