Would you like to go to college even at the age of 40.....

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by jenniferjohn, Dec 3, 2014.

1. jenniferjohn

jenniferjohn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A general thought- People think that the learning can be done till fixed age only, but if you have spark of learning within you then education can be attained at any age.
    I found this interesting interview of Sir Richard Branson, an entrepreneur, who said that even though he missed his college, he desperately wants to study at 40. He shared his views about the link between higher education and business. And also why everybody should attend college at-least once.

Read at: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/10095581/Sir-Richard-Branson-I-would-love-to-have-gone-to-university.html

Do you think the same way...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Connexn

Connexn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really like his concept and it is a fact that learning is a continuous process but lets not overlook the fact that at this age most people are taking their kids to college and that makes it financially impossible.

3. Jybrael

Jybrael
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Knowledge has no age limit...you are always learning something new here and there...and considering my college education gets stopped from time to time due to circumstances....I wouldn't mind going to college if I have to..even if I am 40. I want to learn new things..explore new things..experience new things.

4. bjdea2

bjdea2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Of course people can learn at any age. Its all a matter of "WILL", can people be bothered? If the will power is there then of course people can still learn new and complex things. Personally I have spent enough time in a University and I don't see them as the real sources of knowledge. The internet provides all the resources anyone could ever need these days, so unless you're specially looking for an officially recognised education, the internet provides everything and more for free.

5. glennmartin

glennmartin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I remember those day who is preparing for new project and take classed at age of 45 in one of training institute. so i think there is no age of study.

6. Tonylest75

Tonylest75
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If other students with similar age and more than it, then I will definitely like to go to college.

7. cromosys

cromosys
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I would like to go the college even after the age of 40 Beacuse of learning is a continues process. It is a endless process..Learning is a part and parcel of the everyone's.This is not depend on the what your age and all that things...

8. SLogix-Brian

SLogix-Brian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I see no problem in age at all.
    If oyu want to learn, do it with no hesitations.

9. Tandy

Tandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are never too old to learn, I went into further education at 30 passed 6 o'levels in 5 months -on to teachers training.

At 70 plus, still working, I have recently set up a business, Loving learning all the techniques etc. OK it probably takes me longer, I am self taught in IT, but never stop, it keeps you young and interested and hopefully interesting too!!!:)

Best wishes

10. vivaclean

vivaclean
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If one has the desire to learn age is no obstacle.

11. millcreek06

millcreek06
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I would like to go college even I'm already 40 years old. School is not picky so everyone can continue their studying.

12. bburkeconsulting

bburkeconsulting
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just saw on the news (this week actually -- 05/24/2015) a story about a person in their 90s graduating college.
    Timelines, priorities, and life events don't always play out the same for all of us.
    I say kudos to this individual; obviously the accomplishment was more for self actualization/gratification than for professional reasons, but it just goes to show that though we don't all follow the same path and may encounter challenges, if we keep our eyes on our goals, we can accomplish!

13. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

age usually does not matter. And in going to college its not the physical aspect of the person that is being tested but rather his mentAl aspect. If he can pass his exams then why not.

14. derrickcox01

derrickcox01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think if I will be given a chance to study again, I will grab it. I am willing to learn more.

15. chad23

chad23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for this informative video.
    I think it's never too late to gain knowledge and new skills. Moreover, some scientists have studied data on abilities of people at different ages, considering Weschler Adult Intelligence Scale and the Weschler Memory Scale for measuring IQ, and discovered that many functions of the human brain develop throughout life and reach their peak in middle and old age.
    I think it is worth trying

16. katherine_123m

katherine_123m
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my own opinion, I think people must not stop learning. Age doesn't matter as long as you will gain more knowledge.

17. 60degreeDigital

60degreeDigital
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe "Where there is a Will, there is a Way".
    One can learn & attain knowledge at any age of life, only thing which matters is that, you must have a fire in your belly to achieve anything.

18. Michael Leng

Michael Leng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Even at 80 year-old, I would do it.

Currently, I hold a bachelor degree and use it(certification) for getting work. However, I think if I have time and money to afford my higher education I will it.

Life is not easy, when we have family, there will more expense. On the other hand, our time will be run out for working and commute between office and back home.

Ah... seem very hard to take a new class, but I am willing anyway...

• Like Like x 1
  19. tamilvivakam

tamilvivakam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think no age limit for studies. Always think positive.