would you ever consider selling privately?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by bretttina, Oct 30, 2013.

1. bretttina

bretttina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Firstly are you a home owner?

Would you ever consider trying to sell your property privately ?

OR

Would you only use an estate agent to Sell or Let your property?

I know that in the US this is the way most people sell their property but the UK and other countries are trying to catch up with this type of housing way of sale or lease,
    FSBO or for sale by owner is becoming very popular as estate agents fees are very high and when most people start their search for a new property they start with searching on line with some of the more popular sites like Rightmove and Zoopla but would you advertise your property for sale on other FREE to advertise sites?

Just looking for a little feedback as to how people react to lesser dominant sites as to the others mentioned above ...

Thanks

2. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There can be different reasons to sell property privately like to save money, private sale trend, to control the sale, work for yourself etc.

3. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Brettina. This trend has also hit South African property markets. Go check out these two South African property sites. www.privateproperty.co.za Here people search to buy or advertise to sell directly. The one I like that is really gaining momentum especially for developers/investors is called www.myroof.co.za They offer a whole lot more. Even banks are starting to use it to sell repossed property. If you want to understand how it is operated, join the free membership, choose an area ex Gauteng, Randburg and then refine the search to select a property for ex one below R700 000. Choose anyone you like. On your right you can view if and if you click on it, the dirct link will open the property. Some have many pictures for you to view. Ask to receive notice of the property via e-mail. What they them do is keep you notified of properties in the areas you select at the price range you select. I think they make money through the insurance sales and the sales transaction itself. Anyway it may be worth your while to get a few tips from. Hope this helps:)

• Like Like x 2
  4. bretttina

bretttina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for all your great pointers,

Would you have any ideas as to how i may gain some momentum for my property site? I have tried an email campaign but do you think i should go and tread the streets and start posting flyers to properties that are already for sale in my local area? or will this make me look desperate?

I try to make a profit from either adsense or offering people the chance to upgrade their listings to "Featured" and also selling For Sale/To Let boards i am also trying to sell by way of affiliation : Insurance, Removals, Solicitors/conveyancing and also EPC reports.

Again thanks

Brett.