Would you choose cheap hosting company or are you willing to pay more ?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by cupid, Mar 11, 2013.

1. cupid

cupid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Guys,

Would you choose cheap hosting company or are you willing to pay more for web hosting.

Do you think that hosting prices are a sign of trust ?

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Everyone expects more value in less prices and if someone provides good service at reasonable prices then why would one go with the pricey ones.

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Depend on the kind of hosting plan. One of my website was in a cheap hosting which is around $40+ a year, the site seem experiencing "too many connection error" and this i think is the consequence. :D

Later when I was about to renew it, I chat with the support and complain about the errors but they don't actually increase my maximum users. So finally I get to ask, what they can do to make me stay. So they did few changes as what they said but still I get the errors every now and then especially during a sudden burst of traffic. I end up moving to my main host still which is much reliable, it may be costly but worth.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Prices are a factor in trust. Most people wouldn't expect a really cheap host to be very reliable for a large site. However, at the same time, just because a host is expensive doesn't mean you are going to get a quality service.

Personally my sites are quite busy and I am prepared to pay more for good quality and reliable hosting. I'd prefer to pay that little bit extra for hosting that is reliable and includes excellent customer support. It's not nice having problems with your hosting been down and then not being able to get the support of your host to get it back up and running.

5. jakson0100

jakson0100
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The price of the VPS hosting package is not always a sign of a VPS hosting service provider.
    However it could sometimes be dependent on the level of customer support to kind of control panel you get with the server.
    I have always believed the level of customer support and Flexibility as two of the most significant factors when searching for a reputed VPS hosting service provider.

6. sobi123

sobi123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

in starting i will try to choose free hosting, after 5-6 month when the site is quite busy on free servers , i will choose paid but cheap once, then VPS , then Dedi ,

• Like Like x 1
  7. Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This. Although personally, as I have never owned a premium site myself, I do not need the top quality host. I prefer something that will work and is still reliable, but isn't going to cost me a large amount. That being said, I still refuse to go with a hosting site that doesn't have numerous strong reviews.

8. CodyDeegan

CodyDeegan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is better to pay than acquire free hosting because it is not mainly can be claimed as yours.

9. Portal88

Portal88
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with CodyDeegan :D that Better to spend money for a few good results of the free but disappointing..

10. alok897

alok897
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For attracting new customers every hosting company provide a good value offer but from the next year it will be same like existing user. Plan to choose for hosting depend on how big your idea for website and if your website is big than have to choose reliable hosting company and not think about price. If you are making website for personal and small use than you can go with low cost hosting service provider.

11. BODHost

BODHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can have cheap or you can have the best but you cannot have both. While choosing a service provider make sure you use your own brain and think yourself to figure out which hosting company is able to fulfill your requirements rather than simply following what hosting companies advertise.

12. SEOSOPT

SEOSOPT
    uix_expand uix_collapse

godaddy is the best and the largest as well !!

13. Biz

Biz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That made sense, but is it difficult, or costly, to move up in the hosting ladder as you listed, said with a wordpress site?