Would you buy a Smart TV?

Discussion in 'Smartphones & Other Devices' started by Marc, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Marc

Marc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They're very expensive, however, they have more features than a regular ol' TV.
    Would you waste $1,000+ US for a Smart TV? I think there are a couple of cheaper ones, however, I'm not sure how good they are.

2. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Smart TV is a new thing to the market I would like to see it's success rate in my country and then it will be much easier to get one.

3. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes definitely we can spend 60K on the smart tv.If we are getting some different facilities in it then why shouldn't we opt a new device?Why to carry on with the common one?
    Smart tv has the functionalities of HD reception,in case of lightening and rain,the signals are not disrupted in smart tv,recording and pausing of live programs,alarm facility,inbuilt games,radio facility .These are some cool functions of smart tv.

4. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I have a Samsung Smart TV but it was less than $1,000. My kids like it for sports and action movies. I can't tell that much difference but I don't watch much on it.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Your use of the word "waste" shows a bias against them? Why is that? is it because you believe the price is too high? Keeping in mind what the cost to make one would be for the manufacturer, and the price paid by the retailer, what do you think would be a fair price? You also mentioned there are cheaper ones, but you don't know how good they are. That's a consideration as well - Does a lower price necessarily mean lower quality? For lesser known brands, perhaps it might. They also may not be compatible with other items you may connect to it.
    On e of my relatives recently obtained one, and he is very happy with it, and is very impressed with the way movies look and sound on it. However, it was a recent acquisition, so i don't believe he has had an opportunity to use the other features on it.

6. Marc

Marc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To me, it's wasting money because I already have a great television with good viewing angles, good sound, and nice colors. To others (especially people without a TV), it might not be wasting money. Yeah, I got caught up in the topic, >_< (should have used the word "spend" instead of "waste"). I love the idea of Smart TVs, however, there are cheaper alternatives. You can purchase a good HD TV and get something like the Equiso Smart TV stick and remote to make it smart (If I recall correctly, there are also $20 "smart sticks" available). What would you have preferred if you were thinking about taking advantage of a Smart TV's features?

Yeah, that's to be expected. Which one did he get?

7. J.Rod

J.Rod
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not really fond of watching on a television nor I'm not that rich to afford a smart tv so probably no- I won't buy one. Even if I have more than enough money, there's 0% chance that I'll buy that kind of expensive thing.

8. kenzo

kenzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They have some interesting feature but you have to ask yourself if you really need them and will make a use of them if you had such a TV. If yes, why not buy one?