Would you buy a Facebook phone?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by TheEntreprenette, Sep 27, 2010.

1. TheEntreprenette

TheEntreprenette
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello All

It has recently emerged about Facebook’s plans to launch a smart phone, with reports that the social networking site is working with handset maker INQ Mobile. They are planning to launch two Facebook smart phones in Europe in the first half of 2011

Would you consider buying a Facebook phone or is this a market that Facebook should stay out away from?

Regards

Jo

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having another mobile phone is a big no-no for me. I don't wanna spend a large chunk on money just to access Facebook while on the go.
    Nothing will be lost if I can't access my account for a day or two. :)

Just my 2 cents.

3. mark333

mark333
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hmm. I'm an apple geek so i would be hard pushed to go for a facebook model, I will of course await the full details with fervour. I'm waiting to be amazed.

Is anybody going to see the movie about facebook 'The Social Network'??

4. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, I'd not buy the Facebook phone. I've managed to live without a mobile phone all this time (gasp! don't faint) so I'll pass. :)

Marc, I'd like to see it but it's a fair trip to my closest movie theater. I think I'll wait for the DVD. :) How about you?

5. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why would people buy a facebook phone? When most mobile phones are able to access to the internet.. so the person just have to type the facebook url and login in.

I will not buy it.. It is wasting money!!

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've a Sony Ericsson at the moment and my next phone will probably be an iPhone, so it's unlikely that I'll be buying one. Unless of course it is an amazing phone that's more impressive than the iPhone.

mark333 the FaceBook movie was previously discussed here.