Would you accept Flash banner ads on your website?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Fergal, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

When putting banner ads on any site I own, I am always conscious of the file size as I don't want the ad to slow down the site. I've recently had a couple of advertisers contact me regarding Flash banner ads.

I'm not very familiar with Flash banner ads and would be interested to hear your opinion as to whether or not you would allow them?

If you do allow them, is there anything you check for before approving the banner?

Thanks!

2. khaleel

khaleel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It would really depend on the site, One of my site is a flash gaming website which would really suit these kind of ads as the website needs a lot of interaction. I Allow them but I check if they are relevant to my site such as gaming ads.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Leejeong

Leejeong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I heard from my office mates that the flash banner on site must be compressed under 40kb.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for your replies. Anyone else have an opinion or experience of this?

5. Ronei Daselva

Ronei Daselva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agree with you we must need to take a look into size of the file of ads. Google seriously consider the location of ad on website, type of ad, effect on website. To keep website safe from google just ignore the highly flash ads.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think putting Flash banner is an bad idea as I believe everyone has Adobe flash installed in their computer. Also, Youtube needs flash player to run and Youtube is used widely. I don't think Flash banner doesn't affect in any way unless it's of huge size.

7. madelinekim

madelinekim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, you are right ronei that ad file size affects negative to the website so it is better to avoid the use of flash banner ad on website. It is also depend on your site that which kind of your site like if your site is based on gaming and fun then you can use small flash banner.