Would really appreciate some opinions.

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by JPM, Apr 12, 2012.

1. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So Social Colleague is growing, and now is the time for constructive criticism for the site.

I'd like some feedback on the following;

• Design and graphics.
    • Layout.
    • Copy/text.
    • Anything else you feel may be beneficial.

There are some tweaks I know that need to happen and will be planned in, in due course - but please bare in mind a large portion of our clients are small or new businesses (at least they have been so far)

2. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The site is well done.

Few tips to share, by added more promotion message may hep to improve conversion rate. If website is a virtual sales man, then promotion message is sales talk to convince user sign up. ipowerweb landing page have more than 20 promotion message.

Phone visitor is increasing, get ready with mobile design. Preferable responsive or adaptive design, single design all for device.

3. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The only thing I see there is that you should've make use of the space which occupies "wp-content/themes/socialclg/images-home/header.gif" and put on what services are you providing instead of having it underneath the welcome div. That way it will be more visible for users. Users these days are quite grumpy and wants to view what they need to view in a website first thing they see. If they don't they'll just exit it and go to another one.

4. gogreenbusiness

gogreenbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What else can i say? I like the shade of gree you use with this site. The lay out looks very professional and friendly to readers. The entire site provides me an impression that the company is very reliable. Just one thing, it took me a few moments to load the entire page. I wonder if you can do something about that. Generally, this is a great design.

5. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the comments folks.

I've actually just finished giving the site a re-work and redesign. I've taken a completely different angle to what i'm doing now. The site is very much based around my personal feelings towards what i'm doing rather than looking and acting like a company.

What do you think guys? (ignore the main slider image - that's a place holder until my designer has a couple ready)

6. untitled

untitled
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the main slider overall is too big. I doubt anything you would put in there would be important enough to take up almost the whole screen.

7. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Whilst I agree with you completely, I did say to ignore the main slider. I'm working on that one!

8. StewardHill

StewardHill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Overall, very nice website.

Things I didn't like - The text sometimes almost blends into the white background. I'd choose some other shade of blue and grey or maybe black.
    - Too many pictures. Maybe it's just me but I felt overwhelmed and didn't know what to focus on.

Other than that, very professional looking website.

9. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi JPM,

I think the first impression of this site is that it is very friendly and the design is very consistent with social media rather than the corporate branding that we see on many sites. I like the little guy in the top left - he's kind of simple and fun! The minimal use of text is appreciated and the website 'feels like a nice place to be'.

I'm not a technical guy, but I ran your site through hubspot website grader and I think the score of 85/100 is very creditable. You can see the report here: http://marketing.grader.com/site/socialcolleague.com

I hope you find the comments useful - good luck with your business!

Best wishes,

Mark.

• Like Like x 1
  10. somedioe

somedioe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't have any comments in terms of design - I think your site is excellent in that regard.

I like that you offer clients concrete packages when it comes to Social Media Management - although maybe you should put a little blurb at the top that you are open to customizable requests - such as they already manage their Facebook with an internal employee and just want some additional help or something of that nature.

11. MICHAEL LINDMARK

MICHAEL LINDMARK
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The text is not that readable. You may put some text background color.

12. BAFHarvest

BAFHarvest
    uix_expand uix_collapse

design wise, great! lay-out, cool! content, worth it. overall, 90/100. your site is on the run. maybe just innovate more on the uniqueness and any other functionalities. :)

13. UTMediaGroup

UTMediaGroup
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To me the site is too plain. Punch it up with some color. I feel that the white looks way to drab for my tastes.

14. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am really digging the site, it looks really professional and well done. The only thing I really see that bothers me is that on the top page how the Growing your Following, Get more Traffic, and all of that is stationary. But right below it has stuff moving. It just doesn't look right. I think one of the two really needs to go.

15. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really nice and professional site and I don't find any mistakes that should be corrected.I would just suggest to advertise it more.

16. robertyoung

robertyoung
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The site is ok but the problem is your site in not so attractive. You should add some more colors so viewers would be attractive in you site. And also the image is too big, make it smaller a little bit so it would take the whole screen out of it. But that is just my opinion guys:)

17. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is no doubt a good site, but dont you think its a little to simple and colorless. Its providing freelance Social Media Management. I would suggest that you should add bright colors like google+, Facebook and other medias. I really like the way you have given the drop down menus. Adding testimonials was another appealing thing!
    overall a good site but do add colors!