Workout tips for skinny guys !!!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Shivam, May 31, 2013.

1. Shivam

Shivam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Scheduled Exercises are Important.

Perform these exercises three days per week, resting at least a day between sessions. Vary the sets and reps, too. On Day 1, complete five sets of five reps for each lift, resting two minutes between sets. On Day 3, do four sets of 10, resting 90 seconds. On Day 5, do three sets of 15 reps with 60—90 seconds' rest in between.

1.Squat
    Set up a barbell on the supports of a squat rack. Step underneath the bar, squeeze your shoulder blades together, and let the bar touch your upper traps. Grab the bar with your hands as close together as is comfortable. Nudge the bar off the rack, take three steps backward, and stand with your feet a bit wider than shoulder-width apart and toes turned slightly outward [1]. Take a deep breath and bend your hips back as far as you can, keeping the arch in your lower back. Then bend your knees and lower your body as far as you can (try to squat to where your thighs are at least parallel to the floor) [2]. Explode back upward to the starting position. That's one rep.
    2. Clean and Press
    Set a barbell on the floor, crouch down, and grab it with hands shoulder-width apart. Your lower back should be in its natural arch [1]. Explosively stand up and shrug the bar, coming up onto the balls of your feet. As the bar rises to chest level, flip your wrists over so that your palms face the ceiling and your upper arms are in the bottom position of a shoulder press [2]. From here, press the bar straight overhead [3]. Reverse the motion to return the weight to the floor. That's one rep. If you feel your back is rounding when you pull the weight off the floor, perform the exercise by starting with the bar at just above knee height, and "muscle" the weight up from there.
    3. Pullup
    Grab a pullup bar with an overhand grip, hands outside shoulder width. Allow your body to hang [1]. Pull yourself up until your chin is over the bar [2], and then lower yourself back to the starting position. That's one rep. Depending on how many reps you need to do, you can add weight using a belt or holding a dumbbell between your feet (you may need to do this on the five sets of five day). You can also use an elastic exercise band to help you perform more reps (such as on the 10- and 15-rep workout days).

What All To Eat ?
    1. Write down what you're currently eating and tally up the calories. Add servings to your meals and maybe even another meal or two in the day so that you're eating 500 additional calories per day.
    2. Try to get 0.6 to 0.8 grams of protein per pound of your body weight each day. So if you weigh 150 pounds, you should be consuming 90—120 grams of protein.
    3. Embrace healthy unsaturated fats, such as those in nuts, seeds, and certain oils. With approximately 120 calories per serving, you'll get plenty of muscle-building fuel without having to choke down huge portions.

GET GOING !!!:D:D:D:D:D

2. Shivam

Shivam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Please do comment if you like the post. That would be appreciable.:)

3. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Again a Nice post Shivam. For skinny guys, It's not like they do all those heavy stuffs at a day. But slowly they can increase their exercise or workout. They can do light stuffs at the beginning and not too much.

4. Shivam

Shivam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yea .. i am too skinny and at age of 22 , i weighed 58 kg and i wanted to increase my weight to atleast 65 kg.. I practiced these exercises daily. And there has been improvement and i weigh 61 after three months!!! :)

5. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Shivam, I am also 22 years old. I used to be like 69 KG at one time. But when I was very sick last time and was at hospital. I got weight loss of 9 KB and now I am 60 KG. I don't feel the same. I feel little powerless.

6. Shivam

Shivam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh, then you can probably enhance your protein diet.. and workout a bit.. your muscles should regain power.. weight gaining is another issue,...

7. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I am doing that now. And I do little workout. I don't feel as I used to but I feel much better now than the days I was in hospital. :)

8. clambr

clambr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Shivam. I totally agree with including squats at the beginning of every single workout. I am a skinny guy and never saw any gains in the gym until I started doing squats. I also found simply adding one extra meal a day makes a huge difference for making gains. I usually eat a whole chicken at about 4-5pm. Just that was enough to make me gain over 5kgs in 3 months. Squats and an extra meal a day are indeed two awesome ways to help skinny guys get bigger!

9. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Shivam, you should take good amounts of milk and its products,they will really help you to put on the weight.