Working through Tiredness!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Fergal, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

We all feel tired sometimes and it can be difficult to focus on your work and get the job done when you do feel tired.

When I'm tired I try listening to some lively music for a few minutes, in an effort to energise myself. I'll also drink a strong coffee to perk me up, provided it's not too late in the day. Other things I do include having a cold drink and splashing cold water on my face.

How do you pick yourself up and get working when you feel tired?

2. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I find a breath of fresh air helps very much. Sometimes it's just getting up and walking around a bit that gets you going again too. Anything that will take you physically away from your desk for even just five minutes will help. I have coffee on in my house from 5.30am until midnight or later but it doesn't keep me from sleeping which I imagine helps me.

Some days though it's wise to just admit defeat, go to bed and get up a bit earlier in the morning to begin afresh. The more tired you are, the more your productivity levels slump.

3. djschwab

djschwab
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will actually shut my eyes for 15 minutes. Don't lay down, just sit back in your chair and shut your eyes. It is amazing how refreshed you feel with a quick nap.

4. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In order to work more effectively, even machines need to rest and have regular checks and maintenance done on them. Since the human body is the most complex machine ever known in existence, it also requires frequent rest and regular check-ups.

While working, we normally have two breaks - a one-hour lunch break and an afternoon tea break for 15-30 min. I also believe in making full use of these breaks to rest. During these breaks, experts advise workers not to eat in their desk or workplace. The reason for this is so that we can release all the stress that has accumulated in our body. If we remain at our desks and workstations, we will still see our work lying around and still think of work so the stress remains.

For myself, I usually eat far away from my desk or even outside and after that, take a walk or maybe read a book under the shade. This helps a lot and it makes me feel refreshed and ready to work again. I usually make full use of these breaks to the last minute.

5. Zantetsken

Zantetsken
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I sometimes just go to the washroom and wash my face with warm water; it feels nice and alerts me a bit, but the effect usually wears off within a short period of time.
    I think doing some stretches is a bit more effective for me, though I rarely get the opportunity at my job. And, of course, it wouldn't be wise to try to rush and do some quick stretches because you might just end up hurting yourself.

I guess I typically just deal with my lack of sleep with willpower, though I admit I would've liked to try Nazreen's methods if they were compatible with my job.

6. deepak_sharma

deepak_sharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ya it happens to me many time at my work place. when I am tired, I usually take small naps in between work. Most of the time I am in front of my pc therefore I also need to relax my eyes. I simply rest my eyes by closing them for 20 seconds for every half an hour of computer work.

I also take tea or coffee in between my work as it refreshes me and allows me to focus more on my work.If all these methods doesn't work I usually go out for a walk in fresh air to energize myself again for the work.

7. harmin

harmin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Whenever,I'm tired, I shut my eyes for 5 minutes and take a long breath and wash my face with a cold water and prefer to drink a cup of hot tea.

8. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Instead of drinking hot coffee or tea, I still would prefer a banana or some avocado. But a banana is more preferable because you can bring it with you and eat it anywhere. It's really a good way to get a sudden boost of energy and at the same time, bananas and avocados also have vitamins.

9. silent_thunder

silent_thunder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I dont know I never worked before but I study!! So that may be equal to working!!

I never study when I feel tired instead I will go away and take the necessary rest that is needed. I found that working through tiredness just increases the strain while decreasing the working or studying efficiency. So instead of roaming I take a nap!! Or stop doing the work until I feel refreashed!! I dont drink coffee, But as a biotech student I have a tip for you guys apple juice has more power than coffee in keeping you awake!!

I bet most of you didnt know that!! yes it does it was recently found in a survey based research!! Wow!!

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I will definitely try the apple juice and bananas, much healthier than coffee.

Sounds like you have a very long day, less than 5 1/2 hours sleep?

11. hamzo

hamzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i find that it is better to have some fresh air. sometimes i would try to have a nice way that energizes my body which is going around the room , or having a nice swim . i found that these are the best ways and if no one worked get a rest for half an hour , and you will fell that you were reborned another time with new fresh mind that is able to analyse.