Work flow and life balance for online business owners

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by srock, Jul 14, 2015.

1. srock

srock
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You own your own online business, and probably do some freelance work on the side. How does your work day flow? How often do you take breaks to stretch your body, refresh your eyes and focus on something else for a few minutes? How do you keep proper boundaries and balance between work and relaxation when you work from home?

2. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I work whenever I feel like working. That could take me a few minutes to longer hours straight. It all depends on the demand and severity of a certain issue I am currently dealing with. When you are on your own sometimes you may forget to follow whatever routine or to do list you have because you will tend to focus on what is critical at that given moment.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Getting into a work routine is probably half the battle when your working from home or working exclusively online. Obviously the more you work then the more money you'll potentially make but it's all too easy to get distracted.

Working online takes a lot of discipline and I don't think it's the right thing for everybody. While working the hours and the times to suit you is obviously an attraction, if you don't put the necessary hours in, your not going to be making much money, and at the end of the day, that's the main reason we work in the first place.

4. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I worked exclusively at home, it was always one extreme or the other. Either I would work from 9am til midnight, neglecting everything else around me, or I'd make up any excuse not to get started in the first place. I was never able to strike a balance between the two.

5. srock

srock
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that the "work whenever you feel like working" practice is probably the most healthy. It's strange at first because it's an anti-system, but it's actually most harmonious with our natural cycles. What if we ate when we felt like it, worked when we felt like it, slept when we felt like it, and pooped when we felt like it? We'd have a much more healthy and happy society I believe.

For me the most important thing is physical comfort. I mean, that's the whole point of working at home right? I take frequent stretch breaks, and eye breaks. I also make sure my body is comfy, hydrated and barefoot. These little things make a difference, paying attention to them I feel a whole lot better when I finish working and get up.

6. SF Best Limousine

SF Best Limousine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I work either at home or in the office, I can relax only after I finished my task. I am a type of person that doesn't like delays.. I tried to relax before but I don't really feel the comfort since I know that I still have a work undone..

7. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I love the way you said all these things and the way you described them too makes me feel comfortable working from home. Sometimes when we push ourselves we only end up getting frustrated because the results are far from what we expected, unlike if you work because you feel good about it and are in the right frame of mind

8. JPMaroney

JPMaroney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have to finish my work first and I then I will relax. I don't want to worry that my work is not yet done.