Words given more importance by Bots(Search Engines)

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rudradhar, Oct 25, 2012.

1. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi BAF,

Is there any words which are given more importance by SE(bots). Like we know that there are some words which ignored by SE which is known as stopping word or junk word. Likewise stopping word is there such words to whom bots give more importance.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I have never heard of specific words that Google would give more importance to for every website, but the more closely your words match the keyword(s) being searched, the higher the ranking will be. This is also why Title Tags and Description Meta-Tags are still used. For instance, if someone is searching for "digital camera accessories", website pages that use the phrase "digital camera accessories" will be listed before pages that use "camera accessories" or "digital camera", because they are more relevant to the searcher. If the Title Tag and Description Meta-Tag also include the phrase "digital camera accessories", the Title Tag can be used as the heading for the listing, and the description is used as the snippet.
    Of course there are other factors involved in determining your web page's ranking, which is why you may see, in my example, pages that use the phrase "camera accessories" ranked before pages that use the phrase "digital camera accessories".
    Even so, if there were what I suppose we could call "go words", would you use them simply in an effort to increase your rankings? Concentrate on creating quality content that would be informative to your visitors, and quality backlinks, instead of trying to "game" the system.

• Like Like x 1