Wordpress vs traditional website for a business website?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Kimco, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Kimco

Kimco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all. First post here. Glad to be a part of the forums.

Alright, so I've searched a bit here and there, but haven't really found a suitable answer.

I am currently deciding on which method I should use for building a website for a company that builds custom construction hardware. On one hand we have wordpress, which has made a huge name for itself in the blogging field. It really appeals to me because of it's claimed ease of use as I don't have too much experience in build webpages although I do have a bit. My main concern is whether wordpress is versatile enough to accommodate to my needs.

Here are the basic components of the page:

1.) Will have a total of roughly 6 or so pages. Home, About Us, Products, Contacts, Build It, FAQ, among some other small pages like disclaimers and such.

2.) I am really shooting to get as high up in googles page rank as possible, so it MUST be just as competitive if not more so compared to any traditional webpage.

3.) The "Build It" page will be a custom form with different fields. This is where my main concern lies. This form wont be overly complicated, but it will comprise of drop down menus where if certain options are selected, other areas of the form will change accordingly. Does that make sense? For example if the customer chooses "California" as their region under the drop down menu, then the following drop down menus will only display services that we offer in California.

Please keep in mind that this page will NOT have a shopping cart. Since the hardware is custom, we give the options in the drop down menu for them to "build" their custom parts. Afterwards, we email them with a quote.

Well, for now those are my basic concerns. Mainly how effectively I will be able to implement SEO tactics with a wordpress page compared to traditional as well as if it will be able to do the form that I have in mind.

Thanks in advance for replies!

2. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you don't plan on adding new pages and expanding the site anytime soon I would go with a standard HTML website. Google's crawlers tend to like them more because the HTML is usually pretty clean. 6 main pages and a few minor pages really doesn't justify using a Wordpress platform unless you plan on having a blog that you constantly update.

In terms of optimizing for search engines, HTML has always worked better for me but that's because I've worked with SEO for a while now. Wordpress would be better if you don't really know what you're doing because there are SEO plugins that make it a lot easier for you to optimize your site (for the most part). If you're looking to rank highly on Google it's going to come down to how well your site is optimized for your target keywords and how competitive those keywords already are.

3. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've used both Wordpress and HTML sites. Each have their advantages but I think an HTML template would work best in this situation.