Wordpress vs Drupal vs Joomla vs ....

Discussion in 'Wordpress' started by lets-build, Jun 16, 2014.

1. lets-build

lets-build
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all,

What's your view on the most popular system for building websites at the moment?
    I've been a professional web developer for quite a long time now, in the last few years I've specialized in Drupal as a cms and regularly get work for this.
    But I'd like to know, in your experience, which cms do most clients request/use?
    I was speaking to a guy who runs quite a big development house here in London that now specializes in Drupal and he was saying that the small company sector is now dominated by Wordpress (which I would agree with), whereas Drupal is more of a preferred choice for medium/large sized businesses.
    Joomla, however, seems to have pretty much disappeared...

What does seem to be a growing a trend though are companies using purely front end technologies such as angular or backbone js without a cms. This is just an observation from scouring the contracting market recently.

#1 lets-build, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2014
  2. mehrishaly

mehrishaly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress comparatively best and easy then drupal or joomla and it is most usable CMS now a days

3. zeropid

zeropid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It seems to me that for webdevelopers drupal have more flexibility, wordpress is much more suitable and useful for end-users, that is why it is the most popular

4. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

WordPress is best for content management website....For small businesses PrestaShop is best and for large businesses Magento is best.

5. lets-build

lets-build
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yep I have to agree with that. WordPress is alot easier for the none technical to get uo and running with but drupal is more scalable amd flexible for larger companies who cam offord to employ developers.

6. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both works fin for me, hmm, in terms of SEO, both are also good, it will just depend on how you execute your plan.

7. marklee

marklee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From My point of view WordPress is the best CMS for Non technical Businesses.Easy to update,delete the content as per their requirements.

8. lets-build

lets-build
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In terms of adding / editing / deleting content, drupal and all other cms's are just as easy to use to do this. The difficulty comes when adding custom functionality and theme for a website. Wordpress plugins are alot easier to understand than drupal's modules. They are marketed to the none technical user and made to look more exciting where as drupal's module selection process is abit of a dull experience.

9. kailashkm

kailashkm
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would always prefer Wordpress for my website and if it is not possible, then only I would go for any other platform because I understand that WP is the easiest to work with.

10. AJKpeter

AJKpeter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are not targeting specialized demands and just for content management I agree that WP is most user-friendly among available

11. aframalik

aframalik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress definitely best among 3. It is more easy and user friendly CMS. Any beginner can access CMS like wordpress

12. lets-build

lets-build
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What is it that makes joomla stand out for you?

13. Crook-sam

Crook-sam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, Wordpress is commonly preferable option as blogging platform for frequently updated websites, indeed, it is more user friendly, but Wordpress core system lacked a lot of the functionality that came preloaded with Joomla. Joomla's plugins are better as for me, but in terms of performance wp is faster(maybe because it is lighter). This is a holywar topic I believe:)

14. aziz32882

aziz32882
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like to work with wordpress cms,It is easy and have many functionality to of task which can be easily handled.

15. kaufenpreis

kaufenpreis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The fact is, each situation will require something different, and taking the time to look at all your options is the best way to go. For those looking to set up a small, personal blog, or a website for their small business, WordPress is likely the way to go.

If you’re setting up a site which you believe will grow rapidly, and require extensive features for the users, Drupal may be more in line with what you need. Joomla is great for those somewhere in the middle, or anyone looking to add social networking to their pages.

16. andrewc

andrewc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress is great for clients who want to edit and update the content themselves once the website has been completed and they don't know much about coding. Drupal has a lot more flexibility when it comes to managing users joining the site.

17. technokar

technokar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Dear,

WordPress is best for CMS website....For small businesses

18. Jumpline

Jumpline
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Look at your current usage and double it at least, triple is even better because coming half way through the month and running out of bandwidth is probable the worst thing you can do for your website.

19. mauricecowell

mauricecowell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress is what I can recommend, especially if you are somewhat new to website design and creation. It is the most user-friendly blogging software I've used so far. Also, I get to extend the functionality of the website with great plugins.

20. hudafaeq

hudafaeq
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress obviously a very best and easy CMS.