WordPress Site vs. Dreamweaver Site

Discussion in 'Wordpress' started by barackobama, Jun 11, 2012.

1. barackobama

barackobama
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been researching different ways of creating websites and have recently come across a website that creates WordPress web sites.

I am wondering what is the difference between a WordPress site and a Site Built with Dreamweaver?

Why would someone choose WordPress over a Dreamweaver built site?

#1 barackobama, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2012
  2. stevetoth

stevetoth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i would go for wordpress

3. jamestylor

jamestylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Friend...

This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic. WordPress is the most popular blog software in use today. The real beauty of WordPress is its separation of content and style. Dreamweaver CS5, on the other hand, has a variety of excellent tools for creating, editing, and viewing WordPress theme files.

Thanks for..

4. Dawey

Dawey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I worked some with DreamWeaver before learning CMS and Wordpress. I would choose WP before DW any time. Sometimes it's even better to choose drupal or another CMS, but it depends on what you are aiming for and what kind of site you are building. It's hard to make anything look professional in DW. But it's a good tool to experiment with, testing design ideas etc.

5. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress is a CMS, Dreamweaver an application to build coding it is similar to notepad. To custom design WordPress theme and plugin, we still need a code writer.

Are you refer to wordpress.org or wordpress.com?

1. Wordpress.com: By purchase a nice theme and subscribe to their services, the site owner can begin posting without require hard code HTML and CSS.
    2. Wordpress.org: Wordpress is a CMS site, the content is manage by SQL, it have lot of advance feature such create custom theme and plugin.

6. ChrisLeads

ChrisLeads
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I preferred wordpress, Coz it's users friendly and dynamic website. :)

7. astonblake

astonblake
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also like wordpress.It is really awesome CMS.It is favorite because of its better navigation system.

8. printsnpaints

printsnpaints
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress is quite simpler. But if you want to create customized sites there, you will have to upgrade your account. Whereas is you use Dreamweaver, you can make a lot with just that.

9. falconator

falconator
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The short answer- They choose WordPress because they can't code or choose not to.

The long answer- If you don't know how to code then WordPress is a easy way to have a website but you are limited by the theme you use. You could always buy themes which gives you a bigger selection but ultimately you are limited and thousands of other people have the same theme. If you are looking for a website for your business it is very hard to make a WordPress site unique and professional looking. On the other hand you have Dreamweaver. With Dreamweaver and some JavaScript you can build any style website and you are only limited by your imagination. That's not to say Dreamweaver is easy because it isn't. With some elbow grease and time I could build a clone of just about any site on the web with Dreamweaver.

10. thesslstore

thesslstore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Word Press is CMS base technology so if you want to create blog or simple website word press is best. but if you want to add java script and want to build style sheet and etc then you need Dreamweaver.

11. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

As per my point of view, you have to go through WordPress. Because, it is very easy to use. In WordPress you can be add new pages, images, posts, etc very quickly.

12. shafim

shafim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To throw my 2 pretty pennies out here- If you are looking for easy, then go with wordpress... the upside is you can have a website up and running in a few seconds and if you are a blogger, so many blogs out there use wordpress that your visitors will be used to the layout of your site (they kind of expect a blog to look a "certain" way because of how many blogs there are out there that use wordpress).

The downside, if you are looking for a unique layout or to have hands on with coding and looking for a challenge... then wordpress is not the way to go... go with dreamweaver... or come completely off the grid and go without a CMS.

13. SeanFace101

SeanFace101
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say Wordpress is the best for creating a good proffesional website. Great for blogging & normel pages too. I am in the middle of creating a blog with wordpress at the moment.

14. NABO

NABO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress is a lot better when you have a lot of content.

As Wordpress websites work around a theme (template) you can edit multiple pages at one time. In dreamweaver it is not so simple.

Wordpress allows plugin and extras that really help to make a good site without getting your hands dirty with jquery and php.

15. jonmakkyyy6

jonmakkyyy6
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

hi
    welcome to this forum site , here u can find lots of things , i suggest u for your problem you have to contact your friends right now i am not able to give u answer.....................

16. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Wordpress has really great features and easy to use.

17. socialme82

socialme82
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your question could get flames from experienced designers such as myself but I genuinely understand everyone starts somewhere. Wordpress is a content management system, it originated as a blog software package and became extendable over time into making great websites. You can make a wordpress website into a masterpiece with all of the newest bells and whistles with less knowledge of programming and design than any other platform out there.

Dreamweaver is an overrated piece of crap software package that idiots still hire people with the skillset to use. It allows you to draw your website and codes it for you, the problem is, the code is full of proprietary junk that nobody wants and the search engines won't read. Editing a bug is a nightmare with it and honestly anyone who suggests this as a method should be blackballed by any circle of thinking ladies or gentlemen.

At least you didn't ask about frontpage, it is probably the only thing I know of worse than dreamweaver.

Sorry for the rage guys, but why is it that company owners put dreamweaver as a requirement? If you had something built with that garbage, remove it and rebuild. I don't care if it costs you a half a million dollars, don't shame your servers with that swill.

Anyhow, HI! I am new here so I hope I can help and please don't take my rage the wrong way it is just a geek thing. You are doing the right thing by educating yourself on the various platforms!