Wordpress Read More Function help?

Discussion in 'Wordpress' started by zachariasCO, Dec 26, 2012.

1. zachariasCO

zachariasCO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Does anyone know about adding the read more function on wordpress Im trying to add read more and its not working on my website? The only thing I can think of why its not working is because I have pictures and a Video. could that be the problem?

2. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Man it has been a long time since I have used wordpress I know it use to be default that it did that but I guess not. So do you know where you search for plugins?

Go there and search:
    "read more"

that should pull it up, if it doesn't let me know and I can dig deeper into the subject.

3. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How did you add the read more... is it clicking the button on their WYSIWYG or you've code it yourself? Try clicking the read more button if the horizontal bar didn't appear try going to HTML view and look for something like this: <-- more -->

[​IMG] image credit

[video=youtube;_uZOP7vMZXc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uZOP7vMZXc[/video]

• Like Like x 3
  4. experttalk

experttalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

why are you giving so much time in R & D . you can find directly in WordPress Editor As you can see WP New version when you create a POST or Page two option you cna see Visual and Text copy you content in Text version follow the line form where you want read more option and just use <more> tag or see the GUI editor you will see more button