Wordpress Help Needed.

Discussion in 'Wordpress' started by 50Cent, Aug 12, 2010.

1. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ok Now i have got a new host.

I am currently busy with the set-up of my portfolio site. But i am always got stuck by the plugins and themes i used.

I will go one problem by one problem.

1 - I have download a free theme, which include a custom portfolio and a slider at the homepage. I have problem with adding image into the slider and finding the custom portfolio page done by them I have also asked for supported by them, currently awaiting for reply from them.

My website link: http://jovingraphics.webrdy.com/
    The theme website: http://www.wp-themix.org/themes/wp-...o-wordpress-theme/comment-page-1/#comment-917
    The theme options in the WP ACP: 1 - http://jovingraphics.webrdy.com/wp-content/uploads/test100.png
    2 - http://jovingraphics.webrdy.com/wp-content/uploads/test.png

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've looked at your blog and it looks as if you got this issue resolved, is that correct?

3. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah i changed the theme.

4. businessamateur

businessamateur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your blog is looking good man.

Is that a custom theme you got or something you found for free?

5. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Love the slider, very nice. You sure you can use that old sitepoint logo on a T-shirt without them getting on your back, 50Cent?

6. John1

John1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is a free theme you can use.

50cent your blog is looking much more professional than the previous theme you used. Well done!

7. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah i also thought that. I will remove it. Please check my the feedback thread in the graphics section because i have huge problem there.

8. nbeam

nbeam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here is my evaluation of your site, after spending a few minutes looking around.

It looks absolutely fantastic. I would never have known that was a free theme :)

You need to change the Tag line under your title to something other than the default "just another Wordpress site"

The English on your "about" page and "qoute" page is a bit rough. I think someone would definitely get the general idea, but you might want to consider having someone rewrite the page for you who speaks English as their first language. I am always impressed at anyone who can speak and communicate with two or more languages :) so please don't take this as a personal criticism.

Finally, having a "qoute" request page is EXCELLENT :), you are actually giving them someplace to go if they are interested in getting some work from you. Alot of websites make the mistake of just having a "contact us" page.

Overall, I think it looks really good, if a little rough around the edges. I think when all is said and done you are going to have a great website :)

9. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will have the logo change by tomorrow. My first language is english but it is sucks for me.

10. mv5869

mv5869
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Site isnt working now.

11. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From other threads, the site appears to have moved to a new domain and host at www.jovingraphics.com

I'd suggest updating your signature to point to the new domain 50Cent, make it a little easier for people to find the current version.

12. MichaelSullivan

MichaelSullivan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks, PaulPinnacle. I also tried the site 50Cent had posted but it didn't push through however, I found the link from you and it did okay.

50Cent, it's a great site. :)

13. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the hand. =)