wordpress+adsense/ypn==$$$ ?

Discussion in 'Wordpress' started by Mano, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Mano

Mano
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have noticed that Google adsense program is well suited for the blogs. The acceptance rate is also good for the Bloggers .
    It seems to me that Google in intentionally targeting the Blogger Might to harness the potential . make a nice clourful site with nice layout .. you cannot be even 5% sure of being accepted for the adsense program.. but if u have a simple blog over any topic and a few good posts.. u can be 99% sure to get in.

The Time Magazine awared the common man "blogger" as the person of the year.. and its Google which is monetizing this fact. No doubt its propelled with the fact that u are actually getting payed just to mentinon you views and comments over ur favourite topic(s).

I think in the longer run , some day we will see even Blogs beings sold and bought and one having the Richest Blog.. is the Richest Surfer !

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Interesting post, blogging for money certainly appears to be getting more and more popular.

We already see blogs being bought and sold in the larger webmaster forums such as DP.

3. Hurbel2k

Hurbel2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yea blogs become a valuable asset. Recently the quite remarkable money blog cashquests.com was sold for about $us 15000. However the new owner struggles with doing a good business. Seems like he lacks the writing skills of the former owner.

Adsense is quite good and I do a little money on my blog with it. However check out other money making programs. The big players in the blog business claim that pay per lead is the way to go. There are many big blogs without any adsense at all. Adsense is a good thing for the starting blogger because it's so easy to use.

4. spirited

spirited
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really don't get what's the big deal with blogs though. I only find a very few worth reading , and even then I scan through them quickly. I primarily just visit websites, I find them more organized, easier to navigate and cleaner than blogs. Only if i'm interested in another country's lifestyle I'd read a person from there, but that's basically it in terms of blogs for me.

5. sridatta

sridatta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I see quite a number of tech blogs with good content.. they post reviews based on their experience, they post tweaks which we would not even imagine that they exist... blogs are the easiest way to get something out of a person, and organising the content is very easy unlike maintaining a website.. Just select the category of the post, and you are done, they are organised.. visitor comments can be posted in a blog...

For example, i have worked on a peer-to-peer simulator whose installation is very difficult, and i almost spent months finding out the problem.. now, i dont want other people to face similar problems and waste time.. so i created a post in my blog regarding the simulator. Just today, i have got a comment from a guy telling that the simulator is good and he want more help from me to work with it. Such things are easy with blogs..

6. spirited

spirited
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is true sridatta, but what about forums? I agree that a blog can provide a level of service like that, but you could also post in a few forums and get the same response. However, yes I do understand that it's more of a hassle in doing that, but there also could be more people responding to your inquiry.

7. exinRex

exinRex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes google adsense is well suited for the blogs we can earn from it and as a blogger you can earn lots of $$$ if you join site that pays you for the post. like example payperpost and reviewme site offer great $$$ for the bloggers. for the bloggers keep updated in your blog for you to earn $$$.

8. sridatta

sridatta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are missing a point here sprinted.. For the same effort of posting a big review in forum & blog, forums may give you a bit of reputation and nothing.. you cannot post ads there nor you can earn money.. while a blog gives you money through ads.. and the notion is like "THE BLOG IS MY OWN AND THE FORUM IS NOT" :) thats why people prefer to post in their own blogs because the content is self organised...

9. archgames

archgames
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you can make some good topics and attractive topics you get more visitors more visitors = more clicks more clicks = more $$

10. Pirata

Pirata
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think people choose to blog because most of those blogging sites are free. When you want to create your own website with domain name and webspace et cetera it will cost you a lot more.
    Moreover, those bloggers will be active on the internet just to spend their spare time, it's nothing commercial so why would they pay for a webspace and domain name when they can sign up for a free blog?
    Personally I don't like a blog because it's not original and you can't create a good looking design. I prefer an own made website with a cool design.

11. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But it will take you time and money and thats not preferred by many, hence blogging!

And you never know when your adsense ads start making money for you!:D