Women 101: The underlining cause of divorce - beating the odds!

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by mfost, Aug 30, 2012.

1. mfost

mfost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is so unfortunate that the United States has the highest divorce rate in the world. Sociologist believe that the new social age of women becoming more independent is a factor in the divorce rate going up. I tend to go into serious critical thinking mold when when I learn of one gender being made to bear the brunt of certain failures are social decay. Having studied and still am studying sociology, I disagree with the idea that women are the major cause in of the U.S. divorce rate going up. If it takes two to tango, then where's the half of the problem?
    It was once reasoned to believe that money is the main issue that destroys marriages. Soon, there will be another theory of why divorce in the U.S. is so high. Until that theory comes out, let's consider a common factor that relates to all marriages and relationships on earth - COMMUNICATION. Communication is not just opening our mouth and talking, rather the right communication for your mate. One thing we all know, men do not communicate as readily as women do (i.e., at home), but put most men in a public setting and their communication skills come alive. The question is why in public, and not with their wife?
    If you want some tools that may help you have a more fulfilling and spiritual relationship with you spouse and lover, let's talk.

2. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great post you have here, divorce rates just keep getting higher as the years pass and it is great to consider that communication has a role in this. I mean, it is good to keep a healthy relationship by regularly communicating with your spouse. The men should spark up the marriage from time to time with some activities (ie. dinners, movies, trips) but women need to understand that they should contribute aswell. Nonetheless this article was a great post mfost, thanks for your contribution. I'm sure many married men lurking our forums will find this useful. :)

3. mfost

mfost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the reply, Jay. The basic thing women want in a relationship is intimacy. This does not mean give the hug and begin feeling them up. For women, there are two major factors of intimacy that are almost inextricable: sensation (touching) and communication (conversation and LISTENING). Women really do want their husbands to be their best friend. For us as men to learn how to be best friends with our precious mate, we just need to understand how to communicate with them. Have good day, Jay. God Bless.