WIP Concept for Potential Project

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Quacker Jack, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Click here for Large Image

[​IMG]

I would like to know what people are thinking of this so far in the VERY early phases of this design. (Please note, as I was too lazy at the time to put this, © QJ, all rights to me, do not use without express and written permission of Jack, which will not be given so don't ask). It is for a personal project / design project. I'm not sure of the seriousness of it yet.

This is a redesign of an old project I was pursuing on Proboards back in that glory day, but with the upgrade of forum software on the horizon, lost of original concept thanks to host, and the lost of interest from our coder, this project was shut down. However, the jist of the design is still viewable:
    http://advercitytesting.proboards.com/

I would like to ask that users give me some advice on the concepts, and which design they like better. It is quite obvious that the concept given above is flawed in some areas, but you get the idea of it. Though I would love to hear thoughts about color scheme and layout. This is real basic stuff right now. Eventually I will put more developments on it.

I appreciate all comments given. :)

2. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The design looks nice to me. I like the design of your project. But I would like to see the full site when your finish it. Your link shows me a forum, I think it needs some more work to be done. May be you should complete what you have started. :)

3. Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will be. Just for the record, the forum was not part of current design. What you see on there is the old design that I have started over.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I love the name and the design seems completely appropriate for it. The design looks great in my opinion, as devilbatista said, it will be easier to judge it when we see the full site.

5. Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the comment, Fergal. I am moving it more towards a forum design now, with slowly but surely completing the sections.

As advertisements are going to be a somewhat big part of this forum, as I will hopefully be providing both user-currency-paid and paid services eventually, I am trying to fit as many advertisements as possible into the forum itself without making this "obtrusive" or "awkwardly place". It is really important to move towards a fluid design, that is visually friendly. You will see (oh would you look at that banner) a global advertising table that will be featured on every page. I tried to fit a decent amount of advertisements without making it to weird. I have also implemented ads in the news area, or what I think I may call "Billboard", trying to add a little "city-theme" into it. The sponsor links and affiliate images are all advertisements. The affiliate banners will be randomize, and either a paid service or forum currency paid.

I would like to know the thoughts on these. (Ignore awkward spacing. I haven't quite pieced together how much space I am leaving between sections. Once I have the board view, the blank table thing, completed, I will make a spacing adjustment. Chances are it will be smaller than what is shown)

[​IMG]
    http://i.imgur.com/eT1UZzv.jpg

Thanks for the help!