Windows or Android

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by 60degreeDigital, Jun 16, 2015.

1. 60degreeDigital

60degreeDigital
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Guys, I am looking forward to purchase a new smartphone. But I am a bit confused here in selecting which type of OS should I go for. I am aware that android has a very good Apps ecosystem, but it's phones are bit slow & prone to be hanged as far as I know.

On the other hand, there are Windows based phones, for which I have learnt that it's a lag free OS, but it lacks many apps which are featured on android.
    I am seeking for your help in deciding which kind of OS should I go for.

Any help or suggestion would be highly appreciable.

Thanks..!!

2. ClouDNS

ClouDNS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use Nexus 5 and there is no lag. If I should buy a new phone new, I will get again an android phone and again Nexus, because the support.

3. avillasage

avillasage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use Window phone today and I love the way that this phone makes me flexible by using this, but the difference of android and window is you didn't use the other application on both parties.

4. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both are good in their own features and functions but the choice depends on user.
    From my opinion I will go with Android Phone.

5. bonjoseph85

bonjoseph85
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It totally depends on your requirement. If you like to install so many apps to try then Android will be the best option for you. You can choose a phone with a 2GB of RAM and a latest Snapdragon processor. It will have good performance. But if you like to use some basic required apps like office, whatsapp, Facebook and more then you can go with Windows OS. I like the design of Microsoft devices.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I have used an Android phone for years, and I've had very few unsolvable problems with it. Recently, after the latest update, I have had problems with a certain video streaming service, but that may not have anything to do with the OS. As bonjoseph85 said, it depends on your requirement. If you are not using the phone to run the same apps as on your computer, then Android would be the way to go. On the other hand, if you need to be able to perform the same tasks on your computer, tablet, and phone, go for Windows.

7. abhi_garg

abhi_garg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Android is best than window ! I'm a Android user & know Android is best, great, amazing, superb & easy to use than window ! Most of app are not available on Window but those same apps are available for Android !

8. NicCris

NicCris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Android gives you more options, the OS itself is more powerful, and you can put your customisation in every part of your device software. In the other hand, windows phone is simpler, faster, and easier to use, but lacks app.

9. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My phone is a Samsung S3, a gift from a friend 2 years ago. It's a good phone, nice graphics, clear and big screen too. Android is the operating system and with an occasional false start, I find it good. The false start is when it is booted that sometimes it shows nothing but just numbers on top of the screen. But that happens very rare, about maybe 3 times in a year. But it happens. Anyway, I can recommend an Android but I cannot say anything about Windows phone.

10. appleannie123

appleannie123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For a computer, laptop/desktop, I prefer a Windows OS. For a tablet or a phone I prefer the Android. I do not like Apple at all. I know it is status symbol, but think they are way over rated and can certainly live without them.

11. healingforce

healingforce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Android of course. Windows based phones are just a joke in comparison of an Android smartphone. Why? Just google the reasons.. the are plenty of articles talking about it!

12. Damien Lee

Damien Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

While Windows phones have improved tenfold over the past two years, I still recommend Android. The reason is that Android is now the dominant OS for mobile applications. It's a reasonably good and robust OS that is only growing in popularity. What this means is that there will never be a shortage of brand new apps on Android devices, whereas on Windows phones you will experience slim pickings.

13. Korora

Korora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd go with android due to it being well-maintained, speed, and numerous other things.

14. Elysium

Elysium
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Moderation Monkey

I have always had an Android phone, and sure it sometimes lags or hangs up, but it depends on what you are doing at the time. My mom has had an iPhone and that lags every now and then, and then the Windows Phone I have personally seen lag myself at the shop. It's just like a computer, it might have the fastests stuff but it can still lag depending upon what you're doing. The circumstances would just be different depending upon the hardware.

I love Android, tons of apps and tons of support, and it's a known OS. Windows is fairly new and doesn't have all the apps that Android/Apple as. For me I would go with Android until the Windows phone is developed more.

15. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Would go for the android. Much better app support. Is Nokia in the mobile market again? I thought they were the ones selling Windows phones.

16. Mohammed Qutaishat

Mohammed Qutaishat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer android. It provides for all uses and programs needed by every geek on his ,but both excellent.

17. LGNPanda

LGNPanda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would prefer a Windows phone. A Windows phone currently has the highest security against viruses and security flaws. Androids are constantly being exposed to viruses and malware.

18. aaryanmevada

aaryanmevada
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Of course android is better than windows. It's much better app support and easy to use, as compare to windows.

19. Robert01

Robert01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both of them are good OS. Its true that Android have more lag issue than Windows, but not every device do these. Android had become more and more famous and popular.
    I prefer Windows over android cause I think Android is not well tested. I mean Android need to fix a lot of bug problem after they release it. But in these way Windows is better than Android.

#19 Robert01, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  20. actonyinc

actonyinc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Android is the best version smartphone nowadays you can freely purchase android phone will be best for you..