Windows 8?

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by Jay., Apr 4, 2013.

1. Jay.

Jay.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm currently very happy with Windows 7 that I have, but since I'm looking at new laptops I want to know whether it's worth getting windows 8?

What are the actual benefits of it and does anyone here have a Win8 computer?

Any guidance on whether I should stick with 7 or upgrade to 8 would be appreciated.

2. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Touch screen is the main reason why people move to windows 8, if your fan of touchscreen youll love it and personally I dont own Win 8 but my friend does and its much better then windows 7 reason for this windows 8 loaded more than twice as fast as Windows 7.

3. Jay.

Jay.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, that's the thing. I mean I like touchscreen on my phone, I'm really not sure I'd want it on my laptop. Presumably you could still use the laptop fine without the touchscreen part? I really don't know much about it. I've heard people say it's good but I'm not so sure it's right for me and wouldn't want to pay the extra if it's something I'm not going to use.

4. sobi123

sobi123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

am using win 8 pro at the moment , love it , really fast startup, easy to use, can download apps in win8 store, great features, in simple words am loving this win, and its cost 49.99 Pounds,

5. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know its going to be called Window's Blue! :D I am also using Windows 8, but honestly, for some add reason, I found Windows 7 to be much more useful and 'me-friendly'. Using Windows 8 means to adapt myself with all the block design and I am getting quite some time to getting used to it :(

6. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It was like me switching from Windows Xp to Windows 7. I had few problems at first but later Windows 7 seemed so easy. I think Windows 8 is the same, just an upgraded one. It will take some time to used to But you will love it afterwards.

7. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. The start up of windows 8 is lighting.
    2. Also the shut down time has been improved in windows 8 it is 8 sec as compared to 12 sec in windows 7.
    3. Windows 8 features a new Explorer interface for transferring files, which provides more accurate data on transfer speeds and estimated time of completion.
    4. Microsoft Excel is 10% faster than in Windows 7.
    5. Multimedia performance is improved by 9%.
    6.3D Graphics Performance improved.

8. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have no idea how tings work in windows 8. if I install photoshop to it, can i draw graphics by just touching?

9. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Photoshop touch is in mobile and tablets don't think it will be available by adobe in PC's and laptops

10. kenzo

kenzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are happy with Windows 7, stick with it :) Windows 8 and Metro is annoying for some people.

11. iaanhayden

iaanhayden
    uix_expand uix_collapse

An obvious distinction between Windows 8 and its predecessors is its completely revamped interface. The up to date UI is conceived first and foremost with feel input in brain. Windows 8 introduces some security tricks to help defend facts and figures and let IT managers doze at evening. First, Microsoft takes benefit of the protected Boot characteristic of UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface).

12. john456

john456
    uix_expand uix_collapse

this is
    a very good site.............

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

my friends always using this site............

13. ronaldo143

ronaldo143
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hiiiiii
    windows 8 is a very nice operating system its have very advance features like touch screen whic people likes most.......

14. Paul78

Paul78
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Never actually used Windows 8 but heard lots of good things about it... Judging from pictures and videos I have seen the interface looks really good!

15. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thats honestly what I am hoping for, I cant get doomed with a software I dont like, but as you pointed out, maybe I would get used to it and it might just be that I am a little slow.

And, though the software boasts about touchscreen functionality, that wont appeal users who dont have touchscreens :D