Will you be adopting Chrome?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Kay, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Anyone tried it out yet? I'm a bit of a stick in the mud when it comes to new things but peeking at Google's Chrome Experiments site, it's going to be a lot of fun. I'll do my usual waiting until all the bugs are out though before downloading it.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I use Google Chrome all the time. It runs faster than Firefox or IE and I'm very happy with it. I don't experience any bugs or glitches.

3. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm still a very happy Firefox user. It's not the speed that I'm very much concerned about but about security. There was one time where I received a phishing email from paypall and paypals pretending to be paypal and Firefox immediately prompted me that these are phishing websites. When I used Chrome and IE at that time, there wasn't any prompt. When Chrome has achieved that level of phishing and malware protection that Firefox has, that's the only time that I'll switch. :)

4. flashgordonweb

flashgordonweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm still a fan of firefox. I guess when I hear that other web savvy people have started to use Chrome (i.e., people begin to talk about it on the forums other then just asking if anyone is using it), I'll make the switch. But right now, seems everyone is waiting...

5. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am also a great fan of Firefox...I will not ever consider using chrome...Firefox is just special among rest because of its amazing add ons featured list..Moreover speed is also quite amazing..1!!!!:)

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree, but my experience is that Chrome is even faster. It might not be today or tomorrow, but my money says that you will eventually change to Chrome :)

7. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yup, definitely Chrome is that fastest browser right now. Aside from this, what I find very appealing with Chrome is it's "sandbox" feature. With this, you don't have to close all your tabs and windows when any tab encounters a problem and hangs.

You're right Fergal. It's only a matter of time that I will also be switching to Chrome.

8. wussa

wussa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will be sticking with FF forever. The new FF is considered 4 times faster than IE8 and also an established browser. i don't see any reason to change. Besides I need to do my part to make sure G doesn't reach world domination.
    [​IMG]
    Lol.. :p

9. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i am fan of Mozilla ..i even have chroma i likes it as it does not allows pop up adds
    as chroma is based on safari platform i like safari more compare to that chroma even safari is much faster compare to that chroma

i am fan of mozilla because it is webmaster friendly

10. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I've been hearing and reading some articles saying that the new Mozilla Firefox version 3.1 will be faster than Chrome. I do hope that they release it soon and it really does perform as fast as it's hyped to be.

By the way, there are also some articles saying that new version of IE will also be faster than FF and Chrome. :)

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I enjoy using Chrome for the moment. But I have no great loyalty to any of the browsers. If something comes out that operates much faster than Chrome I'd happily switch to that.

12. Violet

Violet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've never used it. I'm pretty comfortable with FF and will continue to use it. I heard that as well about IE too but do you think it's going to have the same flexibility as say FF when it comes to add ons and such?

13. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I rarely use IE so I'm not really sure about the flexibility of this browser when it comes to addons. In fact, I haven't installed any addons at all to IE. :)

I guess the race is on for the fastest browser. Competition is good especially for us internet users since they'll always be improving on browsers and we get to benefit from that.

14. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

After all updates, on current date --Mozilla still proves faster for me among all three browsers -chrome, IE and opera...My college is connected through wan & IE proves to be of no use as surfing also takes a lot of time...so I preferred Mozilla which apart from providing good surfing speed also gives good downloading speed through one of its addons- DOWNTHEMALL...:)

15. msaadw21

msaadw21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am using Google Chrome as well as Firefox. Google Chrome is good but have some problems loading the sites. It take lot of time to load pages. Whereas I am using Firefox for long time now so prefer Firefox over Chrome !

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum msaadw21.

I'm surprised you are experiencing that problem with Google Chrome. I use Chrome and Firefox and my experience is that Chrome is slightly faster.

Are you on dial up or a broadband connection?

17. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would miss the FF add-ons, though they slow down my loading time initially on start up admittedly. Fergal, you might be interested in this pagerank plugin for Chrome. That's one of my favorite kinds of FF plugins. :)

#17 Kay, May 12, 2009
    Last edited: May 12, 2009
  18. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for that Kay, I had been looking for something like that and have installed it.