Will people around the world thank me for founding the Times of Asia?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by DollarMirrordotcomGuy, Jun 15, 2009.

1. DollarMirrordotcomGuy

DollarMirrordotcomGuy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do not understand why I have this intense desire to establish my own internet publication. I am not a graduate of Journalism nor I am working in the media world, I am an IT graduate, but I've been writing since I was in grade school. From elementary to college, I was a constant editor in school publications. But I love computers as well and my scholarship provider would not allow me to take journalism course so I took Computer Science. And now, I have created a news site that might be the next biggest internet newspaper in Asia. TheTimesofAsia.com is indeed a priceless achievement for me. And as the organization grow, as the site grow, as the world starts to know about it, I can't help but feel glad, elated, tearful that finally I am here, slowly but surely achieving my dreams. And it's just the start of everything.

But do you think the world will thank me for creating TheTimesofAsia.com someday? You, are you gonna thank me?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sounds like your interest in writing & editing combined with your interest in computers will be a great fit for your new venture.

It's good to use forums to get opinions and help on your business. Forums are also useful for promoting your business. But we won't thank you for plugging your new venture on every single post you make on our forum. It gets tiresome after a while and begins to look a little spammy to be honest.

Saying that I'd be delighted if your project is a success and I hope we can give you some advice and support to help make it so.

3. DollarMirrordotcomGuy

DollarMirrordotcomGuy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for your kind words Fergal, as always. I apologize for plugging it so much in your forums. Sometimes I get too much excited about how it will turn out that I want to talk about it all the time. Anyway, this won't happen again. Thanks for reminding me.

4. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm gonna ask you a question, you see some major sites like google, yahoo, msn and other news sites like cnn, bloomberg, etc.., do you thank the creators of these sites whenever you get your daily dose of news and information from their website?

5. DollarMirrordotcomGuy

DollarMirrordotcomGuy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I may not tell it to them directly but yeah, I am grateful whenever I find a website useful to me. Like I will always thank Mark for creating Facebook. What I mean to say is, will people appreciate what I have done in the long run? I guess that would depend on how useful the site would be to them.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I feel grateful to Google for the work they have done, they have made the Internet a better place and lifted the bar for all search engines. Before Google it was difficult to find what you wanted on the web. I also admire Google and would love to be able to emulate their success.

DollarMirrordotcomGuy, if you create a useful site, there will be at least some people who will be grateful to you for it, especially if it is a free service. I'm grateful for the valuable information I've received from Wikipedia over the years and I was happy to make a small donation to them, last time they called for donations. It wasn't a big donation and I just mention it as an example of a site I'm grateful for.

7. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

DollarMirror...., If you want a straight answer for that question- YES! People will be thankful to you.

8. DollarMirrordotcomGuy

DollarMirrordotcomGuy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you guys! I have found strength in this forum than any other forums I have been in the past. I guess if there's one site that I will be forever thankful for, that would be BusinessAdviceForum.com...

9. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Glad to know that you've found strength here in our forum Renante. Anyway, in answer to your question, I guess that all depends on two things. First is if you're new internet newspaper will be a very useful site that many people will plug into. And second, it depends on the future visitors of your site. Not all people are good and you can even say that quite a number are ungrateful but you shouldn't let that deter you in any way. As long as you know that you're site is helping a lot of people, then you should already be happy with that.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for your kind words, glad you've benefited from our business forum. I admire your energy and enthusiasm for your project and I'm sure it will carry you a long way.

11. DollarMirrordotcomGuy

DollarMirrordotcomGuy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks a lot Fergal and Nazreen. I will remember these advices from you guys. I feel more confident now and I have gained enough hope to keep me going. On Sunday, my co-founder and accountant friend will meet and discuss all things that we need to establish in preparation for the official launching of TheTimesofAsia.com. We will also discuss above all things, our business plan and our mission and vision for the Times of Asia. Whatever this business achieved in the future, I will always remember that you guys have helped me a lot in achieving it. May God bless you all.

TheTimesofAsia.com
    Of the People. By The People. For the People.