Will I need to pay any of the following for starting a business online?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by ewebtech, Sep 5, 2013.

1. ewebtech

ewebtech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I say starting a business online, it is an online directory, thus no goods are sent physically.

-Insurance
    -Business Rates

What other stuff will I need to pay? It seems so complicated that I may need to have to fork out a fortune just for having a website

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

How can i get business online?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What country or state will your business be based in?

Generally when starting an online directory you don't need to worry about those things, at least not until the business reaches a certain size.

3. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your business does not involve good and it just a directory then there is no need of insurance for it. What kind of business rates are you concerned about?

And as far as having a website is concerned you need not spend a fortune. You could easily create your own website with online website builders and get it hosted for few bucks. However, promoting your site would take some effort and investment but again it would not be very high.

4. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not sure what your question is pertaining to but as far as I know, you wouldn't have to pay insurance for your online business. You may want to register it and get a business number or something, that's what I did and I have 4 websites all under one main company.

As far as business rates, I'm not sure what you mean by that. Could you clarify?

Ans any additional things to pay for an online business? Just the standard hosting and domain. You can almost certainly get everything else for free. But you'll need a domain and web hosting for sure.