Wikipedia - Submitting an Article for any Product

Discussion in 'Content Marketing' started by experttalk, Nov 12, 2010.

1. experttalk

experttalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hii BA
    i am back with another question tell me about wiki pedia how to create article in wiki pedia for any product and how Seo affect wiki pedia for any website and product.
    i want to know steps for writing on wiki pedia

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Wikipedia is a very high authority site and is very highly ranked by the major search engines. A search for a huge number of terms in Google brings up a Wikipedia article as the first search engine result. Hence, having your site referenced and linked from that article could be very helpful for bringing you quality traffic.

Wikipedia are very strict about the content that they publish and they have clear guidelines as to what you can and can't add as an article. You can view the Wikipedia Starting an article guidelines here. In particular you might want to note the following guidelines;

Wikipedia only want what they describe as "notable" articles on their site. You can view the Wikipedia guidelines on notability here.

Personally I would say that unless you are quite experienced with Wikipedia, and you are writing an article about something that is well known and referenced, then the time you would spend trying to get your article approved, would be better spent promoting your site or product in other ways.

If an article already exists on Wikipedia about your product or site, then it could be worth editing the article to add a link to your site, that would be much easier, but you still need to be careful that it is not seen as self promotion.

3. Transcribe

Transcribe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First collect enough references to support your article. And the subject must be unique. Otherwise you can edit a few existing articles there in wikipedia.

4. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you aim to advertise a product/service/site, you won't get a page up. Unless you can show your service is well recognized and is being used, requiring people to search and understand your product/service, you won't be able to make a custom page for your service/product.

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You cant use wikipedia to promote your product. However, you can sign up wikipedia as the editor, and add some related article with website link. I can only say wikipedia is very straight now on link adding, it is easy to get approved on content amendment but it is hard to get link added

6. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just have one experience with wikipedia by editing its links for a certain hot news. Due to that my website that page get above 1500 UV. So it helps a lot if you succeeded there.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's a great result Asad, can you please tell us a little more about how you did it?

8. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes asad please share us your experience and how you did it. Can you give us a link on the one that you edited?