Why To Invest In Stocks?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by magician661, Nov 6, 2009.

1. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The two most common reasons are:

1. T realize his long-term financial goals.
    2. Because they see some of their friends investing in the market

Why Do You Invest In Stocks?

• Like Like x 1
    #1 magician661, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2009
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The main reason why people invest in stocks, is in the hope of making a profit when the stock increases in price.

3. dipcliper

dipcliper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why Invest In Stocks?simple easy money make sure that you sell your stocks when they're high and buy another one half the price really fun to do once you know the technique..my father thought how to play with stocks:)

4. varundbest

varundbest
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well can i to stock trading by paypal money and how?

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

6. alia

alia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

reason to invest in stock:
    1) Excellent return on investment

2.Regular income in the form of dividends

7. BenjaminCip

BenjaminCip
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have no doubts investing in stock can bring you a lot of money. An online friend of mine is doing well at it. I would'nt venture myself in forex if you don't know anything about how to do it well. If there are people making money from it, there are also people who became broke... Remember, winner take your money. I will hire my friend to share his knowledge about forex on my membership forum once it will be live.

I made quite a lot of money by betting on soccer games, and I found it quite easy, plus you can bet from 0,50€, I don't know the limit of money you can bet but it can be quite worthy if you know well about sport games.

It's safer than forex as there are three possibilties (sometime two if you don't want to take risk) to gain money, depending on the sport.

If you are interested I can send you an invitation to best online bookmaker, and they will offer you and me some money depending on how much you transfer from your account. If you send 50€ they will offer you 50€ which mean you'll have 100€ to use... which is great to train yourself with their 50€ offer.

8. myte

myte
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry, I didn't invest in stocks and shares a magical things actually, only cherish, affirmation in stock in a lot of things:D

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Shares in Irish banks were considered to be an extremely good investment, until the financial crisis hit. However, people who invested in Irish banking shares two year's ago, have lost approximately 90% of their investment, between then and now. There are no certainties or guarantees when it comes to investing in stocks and shares. You should only invest, what you can afford to lose.

10. balegere

balegere
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Investing in shares is a risk.
    We must our common sense before investing in large shares.
    However there are many people who make a lot of money buying and selling shares.
    The primary motive of investing in shares is to make money.

11. CustomiZer

CustomiZer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not really sure how dangerous or benificial stock markets are, because I've never invested myself.

But I definitely saw that I feel it depends a lot on your luck and also experience. If it was as easy as everyone says then why not all people invest and just earn profits sitting back at home ;)

You would certain see a section of people saying that stocks have helped them cover up their monetary needs. On the other hand I'm also sure sure there is another section lamenting for investing in stock markets.

I would certainly agree with magician661 on his opinion why people invest in stocks.

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd agree with you CustomiZer. Even people who are very experienced in investing in stocks and shares are sometimes surprised by the market and lose a lot of money, when a share price tumbles.

13. allwinners

allwinners
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Although I understand the methodology in investing in stocks, I prefer something a little more exciting, and with a far better return. Someone previously mentioned betting on Soccer games, and I bet on horses. Well at least I did whilst I was developing my betting tool. Before too many people say "OMG not horses, thats a gamble", I have taken since 1996 to develop a formula and a tool that guarantees I will win every race that I invest on. I call it investing because my only motive is to make a profit. I have no interest in the concept of horses, trainers, previous form and all that stuff - I am purely looking at how much money out and how much money in.

Some time ago in Australia (I spent 15 years there perfecting my method) there was a television show that ran a comparison of investment methods over a 12 month period. There were 3 investors, all were given a set amount of money by the show, and each had to invest in a different market. The first guy invested in shares, the second guy invested in gold, and the third guy invested in his knowledge of horse racing. Of course this was something that interested a vast number of people, especially as to the outcome.

At the end of the investment period the results were in, and the guy who was investing on horse racing, had made $8,000 more profit than the next best investor who had been investing in gold, and although all made a profit over the term, the guy investing in shares had only made around 13% on his original money.

The system that I have developed takes all of the risk out of selecting which horse to bet/invest on, and guarantees that every time you put money on a horse race, trotting race or dog race, you will not only win, but you will achieve a predetermined profit.

So for me, although stocks return a consistent 10-20% per annum over a long period of time, unless you are a speculative trader, this is all you can expect. This emans that if you want to earn $20,000 profit in a year, you might need to trade $200,000 to achieve it. With allwinnersPRO I can invest just $7,500 and make upwards of $300 a day, every day that I trade, and horse racing is available in most countries 7 days a week, and all hours of the day and night.

With horse racing (not unlike sports betting) there MUST be a winner every race, and sometimes more than one. With the stock market you can have money spread across 10 stocks and all of them may lose money over any given timeframe.

Just my 2 cents worth :)

14. kittelsoncarpo

kittelsoncarpo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The reason why, when the price of stock increases and you sell it, you probably have high amount of money but there is risks. Sometimes stock exchange goes down and you'll lose some money.

15. mggc

mggc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I definitely agree with you fergal. :)

Stocks are also sometimes pretty unpredictable but when you invested into a stock that soars its prices in the market then you are lucky person.

It is also sometimes wise to invest in these stocks because you can earn a lot from it but you also have to make sure that you know where you are investing your money in.

16. ASAmoto

ASAmoto
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Knowing the terms and general workings of the stock market is just the first step in your investing career, it's useful to know that each share of stock represents a proportional share of a business, and that the potential rewards are great, but that stocks are also riskier than putting money in the bank.

17. Kristopher05

Kristopher05
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Companies can earn more money by investing in stock market and also that is one of the best resources. Normally a organization will be in the position to expand their business.

18. MichaelSullivan

MichaelSullivan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Although much is at risk when investing in stocks, people just can’t stop doing so. It comes easy, their money is being played by someone and all they do is just give their money to these financial institutions. There’s not much to worry also since investors are protected by law from these players. It’s just the money is not. But anyway, in business as in life, there are just risks we need to take.

19. chloe_wong

chloe_wong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

because they can earn money from stocks

20. Sherah

Sherah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wall Street is a joke at this point. If you had invested money in 1999, almost ten years ago, you would be waaaaayyyyy down in most index funds. TEN YEARS.

I don't want to hear about long term investing trends either. Gold and real estate is the only way to go at this point. Wall Street is totally corrupt.

New York investors know that everyone has their cash locked up in 401k's and IRA's and because it is locked up nobody can access it to avoid the ongoing slaughter. BUY GOLD. Not ETF gold shares, but actual gold metal bullion.