why the traffic of the working day is more than the weekend?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by apexis, Jul 11, 2012.

1. apexis

apexis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

why the traffic of the working day is more than the weekend? Is there anyone can tell me the reason?

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It just shows that people in most offices surf the net instead of working. :D but probably because it the time when they look for information online.

3. Greg-first

Greg-first
    uix_expand uix_collapse

At the weekend people are leaving on the nature and they do not need Internet. Traffic falls on almost all sites, although this depends on the site subject.

4. elina

elina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

most of the businesses are working in weekdays and people will visit the site in weekdays. and companies activity in the website promotion are more in week days. the SEO & SMM promotion will usually happen in weekdays. so most of the potential clients look at the site.

want to drive the high traffic for your site, go to Nichesuite.
    Nichesuite provides you the most affordable, user-friendly and flexible solution. the SEO & SMM services brings the good traffic for your site in very minimal days

5. joelchrist

joelchrist
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Same problem, here, Probably it may be people need out of internet pressure on weekend.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Being a business site, we get much less traffic on BAF on the weekends in comparison to weekdays. Another site I own (ForumPromotion.net) has a lot of members who are students, hence that site actually has it's highest levels of traffic on the weekends.

7. raksha

raksha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    If yours is an online shopping site,then during weekends,people do will to spend time with their family or friends.Hence,they may go for offline shopping.

thanks.

8. LucidWebMarketng

LucidWebMarketng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here's some stats from client Adwords accounts since 2011:

Most searches: Monday
    Least searches: Saturday

Listing each day based on the relative number of searches (Monday being 100), I get:

Monday 100
    Tuesday 98
    Wednesday 97.3
    Thursday 96.1
    Sunday 91.2
    Friday 87.7
    Saturday 82.3

So there's a definite drop-off starting on Fridays into the weekend. Why? I guess because people do their online research at work and have better things to do (less access to computers?) on weekends.

How that translates to actual surfing sites, I don't know. I suspect it will depend on the kind of site you have. If it caters to a younger set (games site for example), I think you'd have more activity during weekends, especially during the school year.

On the other hand, the best conversion day of the week is Sunday. Again, here's the relative numbers from my clients' Adwords accounts in many different verticals:

Sunday 100
    Monday 97.0
    Saturday 95.3
    Tuesday 88.8
    Wednesday 87.5
    Friday 83.6
    Thursday 75.6

So it seems people make their buying decisions on the weekends. Why Thursday so low, I have no idea.

• Like Like x 1
  9. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

People take rest at weekend and don't like to search their happiness in Google :p that is why stats of weekend are low than the other days.

10. ssstylish

ssstylish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So webmasters should pay attention to this and update sites in a big traffic period.

11. milina788

milina788
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Traffic on weekends is usually falls and this is not for your website only, it happens with the entire business websites because the people don't get in touch with working area and they used to take rest on these days. SO you should not bother about this.