Why Some People Blame Themselves for Everything

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Mark T, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 3
  2. gogreenbusiness

gogreenbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ei, interesting article. I love reading articles like this. Thanks for sharing this one :)

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Would you say that there is a thin line between the negative mindset of blaming yourself for everything and the positive one of taking full responsibility for your actions and your circumstances?

4. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes - as far as I am concerned and on how I view it. When your brain does not function (due to depression or stress) and being affected with other of your downed feelings, your brain tend to send negative signals - putting you into pressure and thinking it was really all your fault - and then you seem to feel it. When you feel something, your brain is the one sending those signals for you to feel something else - or brain signals are not sent effectively and tend to be blocked or misguided leading you to a wrong judgement.

In return, when you brain functions well - you feel well and tend to do things more accurately and positively. You are able to judge things and not just end up on conclusions that seems to all end as your failure. Same goes with other feelings. Your brain responsible for different feelings are able to communicate well and you are able to comprehend those signals being sent to your consciousness.

Regards,
    Mark T.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think people just got to slap out of it and be positive. Don't blame yourself because blaming won't do anything. If the problem needs resolving then do it. It'll do more good than blaming.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I remember "SECRET" book. Everything depends on thought of secrets. You are receiving from universe as what you sent to the universe.

They are not "Emotional Intelligent"

7. sayitproud

sayitproud
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is a fine line between "blaming" and "diagnosing." To solve problems, we do have to figure out where the problem is arising from. Sometimes it arises from us, sometimes not. The key is to try to minimize unnecessary shame and guilt and aggression in the process. Then you can resolve the situation as best you can.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kimjolly

kimjolly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

this is the fact..some peoples blame to others if they could not solve the problems

9. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Another solution which can can be use to fully manage ourselves in such situation is to balance our emotions and mentality at all cost. How? Proper health awareness is a huge factor that can help use maintain a balance and healthy life, emotionally and physically as well as mentally.

10. Dawey

Dawey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it is important to see our own mistakes and take responsibility to our actions. That is the way we can grow and become successful. Feeling guilt is something else. I can honestly say that I believe that feeling some guilt is a good thing - i it means you realise your mistakes of the past. But if it becomes depression or you become a slave of ANT - "automatic negative thoughts", you need to do something.

• Like Like x 1
  11. sayitproud

sayitproud
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very true. People who never feel any guilt about anything are pretty dangerous people!

12. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If there's nothing else I can do to solve a case, I'd rather do something else to be occupied than blaming. Its a good thing I don't have a brain. :D

13. Mina

Mina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think being depressed derives from not feeling well, not feeling well derives from a poor diet.

14. Davidj

Davidj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I admit, I'm often prone to depression from time to time. For me, it's because my goals for life are not fulfilled. So I suppose my point is that maybe it's different for each person? Yes, the base reason could possibly be scientific, but like any other problem, it's possible this is amplified by multiple layers of other problems. With this in mind, I think taking responsibly is important to clarify that we're not the victims, but that we're taking control or trying to take control of the situation.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sabrina Gage

Sabrina Gage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Interesting articles! Part of the reason can be due to that one think his/her goal is still not fulfilled. For those who have very high self-esteem, it can be true.

16. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's a part of life.. If Problem would be solve. Every one ready take credit for it. But suppose Not solve Than no one take balm on yourself... This things you can by two way.. One you admit than my mistake it was. N try to solved other way. Like this your confidant also increase.
    Second way if i admit my mistake and not giving him to second chance to improve that mistake.... So take positively....

17. memoonamike

memoonamike
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The people who blame themselves for everything have lack of confidence and will power. They cannot face the difficulties so they blame themselves for everything.

18. Summerology

Summerology
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me, blaming others is a sign of immaturity. It's because you can't handle the consequences of the things you've done.

19. danadlington

danadlington
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I remember 4 years ago I was in bad relationship with an ex girlfriend. I did my best to make it work but whatever I did I couldn't do right by her. She was violent, a bully and very selfish. I blamed myself for the problems and kept the relationship going. I never forget the day I broke her spell and left the flat we were leaving in. My experiences were so bad I decided to speak to counsellor. He said that even though you blame yourself for what happened in the relationship the truth is she had problems you were never going to help her with. Leaving was the best decision for both of you.

Sometimes you can blame yourself but the reality is you will can't win every time. Put it down to experience.

• Like Like x 1
  20. pandaa

pandaa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blaming yourself for everything is actually a decent sign of a mental illness, and could come from abuse, most likely. Over years, it will go away, but there is no cure. I know because that's me, haha.

• Like Like x 1