Why promoting website is tough and what should you do

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by manishsqrt, Apr 22, 2015.

1. manishsqrt

manishsqrt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have heard many people say that website businesses are not real. Many of them have failed, but they also have people supporting them. Let me first say that website business is just like any other real business. Many people get success while most of them don't earn a penny, and just like any other business it has pros and cons.

The most basic problem in web based business is just like the real business, and it is
    1.Business model
    2.Marketing
    3.Value in service

First, a business model is the most required aspect of any business. If you don't have a good business model that can work for years without getting into any kind of trouble, you are most likely to fail. Any model that doesn't have enough resources will fail, so when you start a business think big and think long time business.Don't go for quick rich methods.

The second one is marketing. If you don't market what you have it won't sell, and in turn it will not able to generate revenue. Now, marketing is tough. A smart and wise business man can think of a good model but executing a honest and most effective marketing strategy can be a challenge. If you really want to earn you will have to make it real and for that you must have real buyers. Spam and fraud clicks, etc., will never work. The biggest challenge to marketing is competition The more competition you have, the harder marketing a product would be. On the internet you have enormous amount of competition, you have many methods to market, Including SEO or SMO. You can use email marketing.Offline, you can distribute brochures or make public announcements. Believe me, marketing continues for years, as long as your business exists. Around 90 percent of newbies lose hope after doing SEO for a few days, and that is never going to work. There are a trillion pages on the internet so search engines like google, where most of the people search for anything on internet, may take a while to crawl any links that you would build. Due to Google's Panda and Penguin upgrades you have to be careful where your links come from, so don't even think that making few links in few days will work at all.

The third most vital aspect is service that you deliver once you get customers, because that will keep you on the position on which you are, once you get a good position in your market, maintaining it is not easy.

And above all I would just like to quote Mark Zuckerburg, the famous Facebook ceo and founder, that there is just one rule to success: NEVER GIVE UP.

#1 manishsqrt, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  2. deepalmittal

deepalmittal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

consistent efforts towards content marketing has no substitute. all the time look for fresh issues and promote your content. Today promoting website is generally related to Google ranking on buyers keywords.

• Like Like x 1
  3. piapetersson

piapetersson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I completely agree with @manishsqrt, you have explained very well on how one can promote business. I have recently started my business and was facing tough challenges as you mentioned,then for marketing and advertisement consulted åKOMPANI for off-line marketing with banner and billboards and also seo for on-line promotions. Thanks for sharing.

#3 piapetersson, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2015
  4. MichaelXH

MichaelXH
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Content comes first. You want A.) Relevant content B.) For an interested, identifiable audience, C.) In an area that isn't overcrowded already.

Or if you can find a meaningful way to distinguish yourself in an overcrowded field -- you don't have to do things better if you simply do things differently enough to carve out your own audience.

5. Samuelsemos

Samuelsemos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To run the business main thing is required trust of the clients or customer. Customer or clients are the one who helps us in our business. Agree that the competition is high on the internet, but still you can see lots of people liked to promote their business on the internet and they get succeeded. Just the things are that you have to follow all the rule and regulations made by the Google. The first most important thing you need to be patience in the business because it's a very slow procedure, but once it gets started everything getting shorted.

6. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Website is the main reason for all software companies to survive. They do not advertise on all forms of traditional marketing. Having a valid product which is sustainable in the market helps you easily grow your relevancy online. Never give up is a great piece of advice for any marketer!!!

7. digitizedarts

digitizedarts
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I totally agree with you manishsqrt.. So many people try to get rich quick, they only focus on short term plans and goals. In the end, always falling short.. Many of the successfully companies did not pop up over night.. Many of them were in business years before they became million or even billion dollar companies..

8. peterfarrell22

peterfarrell22
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I won't way that promoting website is tough, if you know what you are doing. Couple of years back, promoting website was easy, i.e. link building. Now, things have changed, with right strategies and perfect planning, one can still get good results.

9. 60degreeDigital

60degreeDigital
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all website business is that kind of business which do not demand huge investment to start.This is it's pro side of the vice versa without the support of good capital it can't stand for long.
    People gets attracted towards them for the sake of discounts & deals they are offering & to make this discount thing works, it would be necessary that you cut your own margain of profit. Pressure will then mount on you to make your business profitable & fruitful.
    Many succumb under this pressure & their business just get vanished with time.