Why people do not take free offers

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by lotn7, Oct 29, 2012.

1. lotn7

lotn7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was wondering why people do get take free offers or very small investment, but instead go for those offers that require huge sums of money. Why is like that?

I have some free programs,ebooks that I offer, only a handful of people take these offers. Do they look at a person, website or country of origin?

Let's hear your opinion!

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. patrick.s

patrick.s
    uix_expand uix_collapse

People have become very cautious about free things theses days. Especially if it's from somebody new or they haven't heard of yet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with patrick s. that most people are being super cautious in things involving money and much usually is very much suspicious in free things unless they are sure that their investments are sure-money. Sometimes the question also lies in 'are you really promoting trust-worthy content?', did you promote it properly so that you are targeting the audience.

4. Scotian

Scotian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think people are a little cautious because usually something free means the person is looking for something in return. Personally I have found when I sign up for something free I find the info useful but have found it is usually followed by a sales call trying to sell me something.

5. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is all about reputation, when too many website offer the similar thing, user will compare the offer.

6. renegadeleader

renegadeleader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

People buy from the people they trust and know, its now about your origin, but its your name. You have to build your reputation on the industry you have involve with. Get known, use social media to get people know and trust you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, everyone first see the personality which is providing such kind of free offer then decide to get. otherwise people ignore by thinking he/she is providing the boring stuff.

8. drgbiz

drgbiz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When it comes to free offers and small investments, most people do not take them because free offers and low investments usually don't have immediate big cash returns. The returns are usually small. Most people are willing to take the risk to invest in big ticket offers because they want an immediate large return and they feel that the value of the offers is greater because of the price placed on the offer.
    I have found that most people want and need large returns instead of small returns that take some time to build up.
    Most people do not take free offers and small investments serious. The value of the offer is questioned. So most people don't want to waist their time with them.

9. catherinejules

catherinejules
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We cannot deny that there are some people who are so discriminative concerning race, creed, looks/beauty and country of origin. However, you have to continue putting extra effort to enhance what you offer though it is for free. Eventually through your customer's positive experience and by word-of-mouth you will prosper.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I avail of free offers all the time, I use Gmail (which is free) for my email and I regularly browse free content and download free ebooks - I believe most people do.

If people are not availing of your free offers ask them why they are not interested in your specific offers, the feedback could prove to be very valuable. Compare your offers to the most successful free offers, try to find ways to improve your offers and how they are presented, to make them more appealing to your target market.

If you have a specific site or webpage with a free offer, you could request a review for it in our Website & Graphic Reviews section, the suggestions you get from our members will be very helpful for improving your site and making your free offer more attractive.

11. anurocked

anurocked
    uix_expand uix_collapse

people usually feel that one which is costly is highly effective and which one is freely available dosent has that quality or content in this case , and this thinking is applicable to our day to day life. it gives mental satisfaction to a person that he has spend so much to get this he s least concerned about the quality of that product.

12. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Too many spammer and scammer, more and more people get cheated day by day make people feel scare and become more cautious about free things. Actually not only the free things but everything

13. MarketingRoom

MarketingRoom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say, people dont believe that it will be beneficial for them , if you're offering something for free...

" Giving free" has worked wonders for many years, now people wants to be doubly sure what they are getting...

14. larryfinch

larryfinch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most people have this in mind: There's no such thing as a free lunch

15. J Greig

J Greig
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Free things are usually associated with scams. Many people ask for your time and dedication with no investment at first but further don the line they ask you to invest 'just' a little bit of money. You invest and they return your money with a little bit of profit, which makes you think your onto a winner. They then ask for a large sum of money and when you have let your guard drop thinking it's a legit investment, they then run with that large sum of money. Online scammers are getting smarter by the day.

16. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My dear free things are not always good. Now people ready to expense if it is a quality product with good features.

17. wasi90lk

wasi90lk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe people often do not trust these free offers, which is why they refuse to take those offers.

18. Courtney at RRI

Courtney at RRI
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A lot of people are wary about "free offers" not only because of the scam factor associated with them, but often things purporting to be free have little value--they're a hook to get you to invest in a bigger product. Why would someone download a free eBook that doesn't say anything substantive? At that rate, you may as well just buy the whole item.

The idea of free as a tease is only effective if there's some actual content being teased, in my opinion.

19. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me if the title of your ebook is something that is oversaturated I won't look at it. Like, "How To Make $xxx In X Amount of Time". There are a ton of those out there and probably better than yours(that's what people are most likely thinking).

20. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, it has a lot to do with trust, but thats just the beginning. If I come up to you on the street and try to hand you something I automatically suspect something is wrong. This is why building your personal brand is so important. Giving people an avenue to see who you are and learn from you will have profound results on your e-book. Take a look at Michael Hyatts blog and see how he has built his personal brand.